Textures Showing up as Default

Author Topic: Textures Showing up as Default  (Read 4659 times)

In my new map, all the terrain textures are replaced with default ones. My textures are named "grass.jpg" "rock00.jpg" "rock01.jpg" and "rock02.jpg" yet for some reason they don't work. Anybody know why this is? I'm also not seeing any erros in the console, but I'll upload it anyhow.

These are the textures.

grass.jpg

rock00.jpg

rock01.jpg

rock02.jpg

Console.log below.

You named them the same as some default textures? Why would you name them the same?

You named them the same as some default textures? Why would you name them the same?
It has never failed me before, plus it's like that in virtually all other maps.

I would change them and see if it affects anything, their not even what their names are.

I would change them and see if it affects anything, their not even what their names are.
I'm trying this, hope it works.

EDIT: Didn't work. :(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:22:58 PM by Mega-Bear »

You didn't package the textures in with the zip folder, silly.

Why does that rock look like candy by the way?

You didn't package the textures in with the zip folder, silly.

Why does that rock look like candy by the way?
Yes I did.

And because in the past I've noticed that only texture names like grass.jpg or rock.jpg will be loaded correctly. So I've used that as a little trick to get textures to work before.

And because in the past I've noticed that only texture names like grass.jpg or rock.jpg will be loaded correctly. So I've used that as a little trick to get textures to work before.

If that's true you're having some serious problems.

And Tony, why would you think he didn't include the textures? He's not stupid. Nor does it need to be a .zip folder to load the textures.

Eh, Candyland was a simple map to make anyways. Lollipops, chocolate bars, pine trees, and a gingerbread house along with some neat but easy to make terrain. Not much was lost, and trying it again in the future as I inevitably will can only benefit me.

And Tony, why would you think he didn't include the textures? He's not stupid. Nor does it need to be a .zip folder to load the textures.

You won't believe how commonly people have made that mistake before.

Not likely from Mega Bear.

Yeah, newbies. Packaging terrain textures isn't something that is easily forgotten.

Yeah, newbies. Packaging terrain textures isn't something that is easily forgotten.

You could easily had used references from other maps and then forgot to add it in later.

You could easily had used references from other maps and then forgot to add it in later.

Always create the map folder first. That is my general rule of thumb.

I never do that.