Non colliding map issue

Author Topic: Non colliding map issue  (Read 2293 times)

I posted a topic a while ago about a map I was making. I had this problem where the map began to be non collided. Wherever I tried to stand I'd always fall through the map, same with vehicles, ect. I am relatively new to mapping and I have not been able to pinpoint the problem.

I've uploaded the map, if anyone who is more knowledgeable than me could help out and find the problem fix it or tell me how to you will receive credit where credit is due.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5504jnn0l49919b

Naturally the map isn't finished but I don't want to progress with it until this problem is solved.

Well fortunately it's pretty straightforward. From the mission file:

Code: [Select]
  new TerrainBlock(Terrain) {
      rotation = "1 0 0 0";
      scale = "1 1 1";
      terrainFile = "./TropicalForest.ter";
      bumpTexture = ".";
      squareSize = "8";
      bumpScale = "7";
      bumpOffset = "0.01";
      zeroBumpScale = "6";
      RepeatTerrain = "1";
         locked = "true";
   };

There is no TropicalForest.ter in your map folder. It should point to Sierra Madre.ter.

EDIT: I also found this in your map:

Code: [Select]
   new ScriptObject(VariableGroup_999999) {
      class = "VariableGroup";
         bl_id = "999999";
         client = "10853";
         name = "Hoogle";
   };

You should map in a clean copy of Blockland with no add-ons installed. Here's an excerpt from a guide I'm in the process of writing that explains why.

Extra add-ons will make your game take longer to start. You’re just wasting time sitting at that loading screen. Some mods will also contaminate your map files. For example, historically RTB has thrown IRC script objects into all maps created while it’s running. It won’t hurt the map but it will make it messier to edit, so it’s in your best interest to keep it clean. If you want to test your map with specific add-ons, copy your map add-on into your main game. This will also verify that you have packed the zip file correctly.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:03:50 AM by Wedge »

Wait I uploaded the wrong one, I'll put it up soon. I have 3 versions of the map.

Wedge, the variable group problem occurs to me even when I start Blockland without add-ons. I don't have a clue why, but it's not a big issue.

Also make sure to edit maps after disconnecting from IRC, lest someone message you and the message be placed into the mission file.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:53:41 AM by Wesley Williams »

Wedge, the variable group problem occurs to me even when I start Blockland without add-ons. I don't have a clue why, but it's not a big issue.

Also make sure to edit maps after disconnecting from IRC, lest someone message you and the message be placed into the mission file.
I always get the variable group thing when I place a brick while working on a mis.

I always get the variable group thing when I place a brick while working on a mis.

Yup, that too. And if you load a save with events... Not a fun cleanup job.