Author Topic: Looking for large reliable hard drives.  (Read 2238 times)

um, under $600 i don't want to go half assed on my video card again.
What's your CPU?
I want to watch that it won't bottleneck etc.
Also your PSU?

it was a guess :3 i forgot to add that i was guessing on the 560
A 560 is much better than a 550 ti and costs about $200.

What's your CPU?
I want to watch that it won't bottleneck etc.
Also your PSU?
cpu is um intel i7 920
psu, not sure what that is.... =/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:43:28 AM by duke 838 »

A 560 is much better than a 550 ti and costs about $200.
... but mine is a 550 ti top, theres a difference :3 (there is a difference, right?)

cpu is um intel i7 920
psu, not sure what that is.... =/
I've kinda gotta find out what your PSU is now, brand, model and wattage.
Also if your CPU is overclocked / what clock speed is it running at / how many PCI-E slots you have on your motherboard at what bandwidth etc.

Sorry, but this is just to ensure nothing stuffs up.

... but mine is a 550 ti top, theres a difference :3 (there is a difference, right?)
Better cooler and overclocked.

I've kinda gotta find out what your PSU is now, brand, model and wattage.
Also if your CPU is overclocked / what clock speed is it running at / how many PCI-E slots you have on your motherboard at what bandwidth etc.

Sorry, but this is just to ensure nothing stuffs up.
Better cooler and overclocked.
im taking that as a "good job in picking a good gpu for your computer, son" (I added the son in there because I wish I had a dad :c )

I've kinda gotta find out what your PSU is now, brand, model and wattage.
Also if your CPU is overclocked / what clock speed is it running at / how many PCI-E slots you have on your motherboard at what bandwidth etc.

Sorry, but this is just to ensure nothing stuffs up.
Probably a better cooler.
I understand

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
From the dx diag, not sure if this is the information needed about my power supply or not, also don't i need a program to find out my motherboard?
Quote
---------------
EVR Power Information
---------------
Current Setting: {5C67A112-A4C9-483F-B4A7-1D473BECAFDC} (Quality)
  Quality Flags: 2576
    Enabled:
    Force throttling
    Allow half deinterlace
    Allow scaling
    Decode Power Usage: 100
  Balanced Flags: 1424
    Enabled:
    Force throttling
    Allow batching
    Force half deinterlace
    Force scaling
    Decode Power Usage: 50
  PowerFlags: 1424
    Enabled:
    Force throttling
    Allow batching
    Force half deinterlace
    Force scaling
    Decode Power Usage: 0
If not i am pretty sure i have a 500watt power supply.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:55:02 AM by duke 838 »

Open it up to be sure.
I presume you built this computer. If you didn't, you're gonna have to open it anyway to install the card so just do it.
While you're in there:
PSU Make and model and wattage
Motherboard PCI-E lanes
You can actually tell how much bandwidth they are wired for by looking at them but you probably won't be able to tell if you haven't done it before. Do you know your motherboard's model? You could alternatively post a close up pic of your PCI-E lane(s).

... but mine is a 550 ti top, theres a difference :3 (there is a difference, right?)
Still, I got my factory overclocked 560 for $200, it's better.

Still, I got my factory overclocked 560 for $200, it's better.
well yours also cost $80 more than mine did... (I rounded in my earlier post)

...For a much better card.

Open it up to be sure.
I presume you built this computer. If you didn't, you're gonna have to open it anyway to install the card so just do it.
While you're in there:
PSU Make and model and wattage
Motherboard PCI-E lanes
You can actually tell how much bandwidth they are wired for by looking at them but you probably won't be able to tell if you haven't done it before. Do you know your motherboard's model? You could alternatively post a close up pic of your PCI-E lane(s).
Alright well i'm going to bed right now, i'll check it tomorrow, and post the information you need here.

sorry i didn't post it today, i haven't forgotten, this is something i need, i just didn't get to it today.

Go seagate or western digital.

Well, not sure witch pictures will be helpful since i couldn't find out what you needed. I took a few pictures from the inside http://imageshack.us/homepage/?user=duke838 hopefully you can see what you need to, i couldn't tell what would be its model number due to numbers all over, and the power supply should be in one of the pictures.