Author Topic: Blockland in Offline Mode only  (Read 3122 times)

When it tries to 'activate my key' it goes into offline mode and doesnt work at all. Is a master server down somewhere?

Ok, got the Launcher config file here... for some reason BL doesnt write to Console.log anymore.

Note that I run it from drive G on one of my computers, drive K on the second, and drive E on the third.

Badspot

• Administrator
The launcher could not connect to the update server.  You probably have a firewall or something blocking it.

If you go to http://update.blockland.us/latestVersion.php what do you see?
I get this:
ERROR   Bad user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.23) Gecko/20110920 Firefox/3.6.23'

The launcher could not connect to the update server.  You probably have a firewall or something blocking it.
Our firewall was set to allow Blockland and all that. I dont see what would happen...

If you go to http://update.blockland.us/latestVersion.php what do you see?

I see:
ERROR   Bad user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/14.0.835.187 Safari/535.1'

Just like what Kompressor said.

Ooops, scratch that last sentence.

Badspot

• Administrator
If Blockland says "Offline mode" it cannot connect to the internet.  Full stop.  End of story.  You DO have something Blocking it. 

Yeah - if your web browser can get to the page but Blockland can't it means something weird is going on. What happens if you try another web browser on the same computer?

Yeah - if your web browser can get to the page but Blockland can't it means something weird is going on. What happens if you try another web browser on the same computer?

Hang on, now I am getting launcher problems. Some stupid SQL error. No number. It cant write to cache database.

Maybe make a prefs file to choose what folder Blockland loads as other stuff?

Furthermore, when it was still working, it didn't turn on any non-default addons. The only new brix and vehicles were the stuff for ZAPT which I had enabled. It said in the console it loaded everythign else but it still didnt work. What the heck is this thing's problem?!?

Please post the exact text of errors (assuming you want help). Screenshots are good, that way we don't have to worry about typos.

Please post your launcher.log.

I get the same error when I try going to the page in IE.