Author Topic: TGE Telnet Debugger Remnants  (Read 1526 times)

Dear Badspot,

What's the story behind the old TGE debugger (where you could telnet into a given port and provide a password and get console access).

Did you remove the functionality? If so...
Code: [Select]
 -dbgPort <port>            Set debug port (default = 28040)
  -dbgPassword <pass>    Set debug password (default = password)
  -dbgEnable                    Start game in debug mode
then why are the options still listed when you pass -help?

Also, telnetSetParameters(port, consoleInputOutputPassword, consoleOutputOnlyPassword) exists, but does not act as the TGE documentation would suggest. (Blockland doesn't (as far as I can tell) attempt to bind to the specified port.)

Also, just curious, why doesn't stdin (on mac) pass input to the console... that would make things so much easier.

I wanted to have remote console access, so after exploring all of the (supposedly) pre-existing options, I ended up just implementing my own via tcpObjects and eval().

On a somewhat related note, what is the proper way to stop a dedicated v20 server on mac. I need to either force-quit the application (the 2nd one that starts, because BlocklandLauncher.app exits as soon as the server starts), or do
$ killall Blockland
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:15:12 PM by BobAndRob »

On a somewhat related note, what is the proper way to stop a dedicated v20 server on mac. I need to either force-quit the application (the 2nd one that starts, because BlocklandLauncher.app exits as soon as the server starts), or do
$ killall Blockland
Doesn't quit(); usually work for that? I've never hosted on a mac but I believe that does the trick.

In other news: You're back?!

Doesn't quit(); usually work for that? I've never hosted on a mac but I believe that does the trick.
Yes... that would work with console access... but that is what is lacking for the majority of the mac-blockland-pubic that run dedicated servers, hence this thread.

In other news: You're back?!
Maybe, but don't count on it.

bump (Hate to do so, but I really want to know.)

back? why did you leave

Real life finally caught up.

Also, just curious, why doesn't stdin (on mac) pass input to the console... that would make things so much easier.
Same issue under Windows. Torque is probably doing some black magic on it's own and listening for actual keypresses instead of reading stdin.