Author Topic: Youtube offers revenue to videomakers?  (Read 511 times)

I just got an email from youtube telling me that I can make a portion of profits from the ads and stuff in my videos. Now don't get started on anything, I never made a video that ever got more than 200 views; but I didn't seriously think they did this. And also why did I get offered it? I don't have anything in particular that I would think would trigger that sort of offer, has anyone else ever gotten a similar invitation? Is it perhaps a brand-new thing that everyone is now offered?

I just got an email from youtube telling me that I can make a portion of profits from the ads and stuff in my videos. Now don't get started on anything, I never made a video that ever got more than 200 views; but I didn't seriously think they did this. And also why did I get offered it? I don't have anything in particular that I would think would trigger that sort of offer, has anyone else ever gotten a similar invitation? Is it perhaps a brand-new thing that everyone is now offered?
I got one of these a month ago.

It's really old. and sometimes you only get a few dollars.

It's really old. and sometimes you only get a few dollars.
At least you get paid..?

why do you think bigger youtubers have ads on their videos? they get a cut of the money. some of them actually make a good living off of it (RWJ, smosh, fred, etc)

Yeah.

You can other be invited to "monetize" and profit from your videos, or be offered a "partnership" if you have a decent channel which is even better as it gives you extra customization and content controls most YouTubers don't get.

You can other be invited to "monetize" and profit from your videos, or be offered a "partnership" if you have a decent channel which is even better as it gives you extra customization and content controls most YouTubers don't get.
Ah, so that's how they get those custom logos and custom backgrounds to certain elements on their channel ect.