Author Topic: The Terminal - Text based computer adventure - The Third Iteration  (Read 7796 times)

Your name is Clyde Benson. You are a software developer for the military. You are sitting in your office toying around with archived scripts and bits of code to see what you can do with them. You have access to all of these things in your office on floppy disks. You have different codes that can hack stuff, format stuff, etc. You find a floppy disk labeled "JERRY". You wonder what it is and you put it into your floppy disk drive. Your screen goes black and a little green line appears. It starts blinking. You automatically assume that you can type something, but you can't. You try to exit out of the screen, but you can't. You just can't get off of the screen. All of a sudden, a message pops up.

And we begin:

Say anything you like.

And yes, I based Jerry off of the computer thing in "Sphere".
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:37:18 PM by LordCutlerBeckett »

Hi, My name is Dave.

Hi, My name is Dave.

He expects an answer from "How are you?", I suppose.

Sad

He's experimental, evidently. Most programmed AI in testing don't make a whole lot of sense. Programmed to believe cats are bringers of happiness to anyone... Clyde hates cats.

Accept offer anyways like a gentleman.

kill the cat

best 5000th post ever.

Say i hate cats, i want a dragon

Accept offer anyways like a gentleman.

That's strange. Most AI are built to have no feelings to reduce chances of anger or resistance in a program. Should you accept the gift, though? Hmm...

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:51:25 PM by plad101 »

Accept the gift, ask to see it

Accept the gift, ask to see it

That second, your computer starts to hum. The humming gets louder and louder and soon an error pops up saying your memory could not sustain a certain process.

You freeze in your chair. How did the process get Administrative privileges? Either way, if your computer is fried, you could get in trouble. You should find a program that can delete the "sasai.exe" process before real damage is done.

>find Program Crowbar
>Pry open computer
>Remove Data from Computer
>???
>Profit!

>find Program Crowbar
>Pry open computer
>Remove Data from Computer
>???
>Profit!
Invalid command.