Author Topic: Main menu error?  (Read 2475 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Aw man, that didn't work. deleted all addons by soba(which happened to be only the decorative bricks) but still it didn't work. Ok I attatched console.log

* Run Blockland
    * Press ~ to open the console
    * Type trace(1); and press enter
    * Press ~ to close the console
    * Duplicate the problem
    * Exit the game
    * Post console.log file

I DON'T KNOW HOW, BUT YA FIXED IT, BADSPOT! THANK U SO MUCH! TRACE(1) DID SOMETHING! POSTING LOG ANYWAYS---owait, file too large... ;-;

oops nvm...just tried again and it crashed. but still console.log file was too large for the forum attachment restrictions.

I DON'T KNOW HOW, BUT YA FIXED IT, BADSPOT! THANK U SO MUCH! TRACE(1) DID SOMETHING! POSTING LOG ANYWAYS---owait, file too large... ;-;

trace(1); just simply records everything that the game does. If you connect to a server, it records everything about how you connected to the server. The file is too large because essentially, it spams  the console and makes the file large. Make sure if you use trace and want to play after you use it, type trace(0); in the console (~).

All trace does is echo almost everything your game does into console, which has a side effect of making the console.log massive.

I'm just hearing a lot of corrections, and no answers; no offense.

We want you to give us the log of what your game is doing so we can figure out what is going wrong with it. Can you put the text within your console.log on pastebin.com or not? Do you understand that?

OOOHHHH SO TAT'S WHAT U WANTED! Well I did it right here = http://pastebin.com/kYx8nA4e

Badspot

• Administrator
Oh, you're using a mac....which has a problem with bricks saved in the blb editor

alright, I gotta take some action here, I'll request the brick packs that I made using the blb editor be failed due to these damn problems, PC handles the bricks fine, while macs have some weird problem with them :(

The problem is that some of the files had lines that ended in \r\r\n instead of just \r\n and the mac version handled this as two separate lines.  I have updated the game to handle this case.

The problem is that some of the files had lines that ended in \r\r\n instead of just \r\n and the mac version handled this as two separate lines.  I have updated the game to handle this case.
I cannot explain how happy I am right now

Well by "you updated the game" do you mean updating in v20 or just updated it?

Well by "you updated the game" do you mean updating in v20 or just updated it?

The new launcher downloads files on the fly so we don't need major, version number updates for minor things. It's all automatic. Some people don't get that, don't know why they wouldn't.

The new launcher downloads files on the fly so we don't need major, version number updates for minor things. It's all automatic. Some people don't get that, don't know why they wouldn't.

So, v20?

Ok, hold on a second, I don't even have to go to the menu. It just crashes after about 4 minutes of play...

:/