Author Topic: Planning Builds  (Read 1164 times)

Do you plan a build before you actually make it, or do you just let your creative juices flow?

Usually I'll plan a build in Minecraft on grid paper, but in Blockland there are too many brick sizes to actually draw something out well. I'm currently beginning a project and am trying to use grid paper, though.

How about you?

I'll do both sometimes.
But it's usually letting my juices flow...oh, turns out something else is flowing too....mmmmm

When I was in 11th and 12th grade I would take graph paper and make layouts of houses. I do not anymore.

I'll do both sometimes.
But it's usually letting my juices flow...oh, turns out something else is flowing too....mmmmm
Love it when that happens.

Bricks are a minimum of one stud in size. So if you make one grid == one stud you can draw it out on grid paper. A normal height brick is 3 studs high.

Bricks are a minimum of one stud in size. So if you make one grid == one stud you can draw it out on grid paper. A normal height brick is 3 studs high.
Holy stuff.

Gee who woulda thunk it.

I usually just build random stuff until an idea pops up

Gee who woulda thunk it.
i did it once when bored in school

I did once, but It was a mix of both.

I always do little plans in my head, especially with events and redstone in Minecraft.

I always start with a picture

I use the lego planning paper when I can't get on and I want to work on my build

I let my juices flow... God that sounded nasty..
It's kinda hard to imagine how everything looks in 3D before you build it, so scetching doesn't work for me. Also, I don't even know what I want to build before I start.

If I build something real, like this, I usually base my work on LOTS of reference pictures.