Autumn Fields

Author Topic: Autumn Fields  (Read 11262 times)

That's fine with me lol. I personally like it.

That's fine with me lol. I personally like it.
Someday you're going to find that it doesn't make a difference when it's the community judging it.

I didn't make this to be judged by the community. I'm only sharing it.

When you share something with us, people are going to criticize it.

When you share something with us, people are going to criticize it.
I'm aware. That doesn't mean I will adhere to your complaints.

I'm aware. That doesn't mean I will adhere to your complaints.
With this attitude, you can be drama'd.  It's best for anyone's first maps to have maybe 3 people review it and exchange advice and ideas.  People will like it more.  And if you post an Add-On, not implying for it to be open for interpretation or for no opinion, then why post it?  You can't passively release self-interpreted "quality" Add-Ons without negative reviews.

Good:

Great sense of rolling hills terrain.

Bad:

Terrain color needs more variation in textures.

Skybox is questionable.

Don't take a single DOF photo for your map.  This will mislead users into falsely interpreting this map.

This is not even close to my first map as I've created many back in v8 and have a ton that haven't even been released. I found this map fun, so I'm sharing it. This is an hours worth of work so I'm not concerned with the opinion of others on it. Play it or don't. As far as my attitude goes it would be the first time I've been drama'd over it since first registering here. Adding to that I'm not concerned with the whining banter that goes on in that part of the forum anyways so unless I'm breaking rules, I'll continue being LoserHero and not some toned down version of me.

And I thank those that do enjoy the map.

Dude.

We're just telling you how you can improve it. We're trying to help.

"The skybox is yuck" real helpful buddy. Infact, take your help elsewhere.

"The skybox is yuck" real helpful buddy. Infact, take your help elsewhere.
There's nothing else to it, when feedback is that basic then something is horribly wrong.

I still think it is hot but the skybox has more of a spring feeling to it rather than fall

I still think it is hot but the skybox has more of a spring feeling to it rather than fall
Nailed it.

Would say it needs to be fade and a tiny bit more sepia-ish.  Lighting needs to be from the correct angle and darker.  Fog - Go figure.

I got these map textures. Edited them. Then made a Slate Water thingy out of the textures
I call it Slate Vomit
nice but is vomity

Dude.

We're just telling you how you can improve it. We're trying to help.

he doesn't want your loving help, obviously.
stop pursuing him and go elsewhere.
he can make his maps how he wants.