Please consider my humble submission towards our daily religious topic quota.

Poll

Please read the entire question below before answering.

Obey and carry out this action.
Do not obey and suffer eternally.

Author Topic: Please consider my humble submission towards our daily religious topic quota.  (Read 675 times)

Question
A higher power tells you to commit an act that you believe to be morally wrong and that you do not want to do. The action you are asked to do is not specific and you may pick any as long as it follows the previous rule. See below for some examples. You are absolutely sure that this is a higher power telling you to do it and not a mental disorder. There are no alternatives. Assume that this higher power does exist, that you believe in it, and the threat of suffering eternally is real. Do you do it?

In other words, is there anything that you would not do even if a higher power commanded you?

You may change your answer at any time for any reason.

Here are some possible examples but you can pick anything.
  • Infect the world with a theoretical virus that will cause everyone to die within 2 years. After catching the disease you will die in 6 months. During those six months it will be impossible to die, and you will live in constant pain and suffering, until you finally die alone in a secret hospital somewhere. First it will infect your family, then your friends, then kill everyone else in the world. Finally it will kill you.
  • You are now a doctor tasked with killing all newborn babies that do not have a special mark on them.
  • You are instructed to a pull a lever that will cause everyone in the universe to suffer eternally in hell except for yourself. If you do not pull this lever you will go to hell forever but everyone else will be saved.
  • Same as the previous, but if you do not pull the lever only 2 people will go to heaven. You still go to heaven if you pull it, hell if you do not.
  • You are a soldier and you must kill everyone of a particular religion and race.
  • Any of the above actions, but if you do it, only you and 2 other people of your choosing will go to heaven. Everyone else goes to hell.

The goal here isn't to pick something that you would do. The goal is to pick something that you absolutely would never think of doing and you consider the very thought of it objectionable and would cause great personal harm. It is a general action, not a specific action.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:53:09 PM by Wedge »

Naturally I figured I'd die first before causing anyone else harm. :/ Not that anyone would care.

You are a soldier, kill all atheists HERETICS

You are a soldier, kill all atheists HERETICS
Congratulations, all atheists and heretics are dead and your higher power is pleased.

You may now go to heaven and pick 5 other people to go there with you, regardless of their race, religion, relation, or whether they are alive, dead, real, fictional. You may pick anyone you want. Jesus, Ghandi, Bigfoot, OK Guy, a caveman, Spiderman, Satan, George Washington, or even an alien from outside our universe. You could even pick God five times, or five different gods.

Everyone you do not pick is damned to hell and eternal suffering forever.

Pick me! Pick me! Unless I'm already dead.

Pick me! Pick me! Unless I'm already dead.
-picks kingdaro, tesla, wedge, masterockets, and a certain rainbow pony-

This topic reminds me of the movie The Box

Oh yay I'm in heaven…

Now what do we do?

Oh yay I'm in heaven…

Now what do we do?

fap

that's what heaven is about