Author Topic: Blockland Launcher - NO MORE CUSTOM BRICK TEXTURES LOL  (Read 2728 times)

Derroith told me today that the launcher re-installs all default files that are missing.

With this in mind that means no more custom brick textures, or GUI edits (cross-hairs, lag icons, ect.)
Is there a way to disable this?
Why was it implemented?
Why am I asking so many questions?

yeah, how the hell do we fix this

You cannot overwrite the default files.  For particle effects or gui textures, you should replace them via an add-on.  For brick textures you will have to wait for this feature to be implemented officially.

There is a rumor going around that you can prevent files being replaced by setting them to read-only. Apparently Badspot doesn't like this and silently deletes topics that mention it. Maybe if you pack the add-on to a zip-file and set it to read only you could stop the file downloading and prevent all this silliness?
If you do that, you WILL forget up the game.  What's going to happen is I'm going to have to make an update to one of the default add-ons and it's not going to work and everyone is going to blame me when it is really 100% your dumbass fault.  All I want to be able to do is update my own goddamn loving addons and friends like you ruin it all because you can't be bothered to learn how to program stuff properly.  Go ahead and do it but don't be surprised when future versions of the game tell you to forget off because your files are read-only.  

I can't find the post where Badspot said he's make/has made GUI edits it's own Add-On.

Why would you even replace the default UI?

With this in mind that means no more custom brick textures, or GUI edits (cross-hairs, lag icons, ect.)

You can only replace those files after the launcher starts up the Blockland browser, the only problem is, every time you restart Blockland the launcher resets the files to the default meaning you will need to replace those files again in case you're going to host a server. Yes it is a tad annoying when you are testing out some custom sounds and such, but it is particularly useful when you mess-up a default add-on or CI or something.

Why would you even replace the default UI?
I had the single, most epic crosshair. It took off about 85% of the burden of aiming for me, without being a script.
Also, I kind of liked Sword99's UI theme sets.

Entire topic is stuffmidget. Just do what Badspot said and make an actual add-on.

Entire topic is stuffmidget. Just do what Badspot said and make an actual add-on.
For the first time in my entire life, I agree with everything you posted on this topic.

This topic is about custom brick textures, as Badspot said you can't make this an add-on and that we have to wait for official support, like I quoted in a post above.

the launcher re-installs all default files that are missing.
And the halloween stuff gets re-enabled all the time by itself... it pisses me off because I allways try to have the absolute minimum number of add-ons on my server (it matters less now that we have the CDN, but loads used to be REAL pain in the ass before). I know that since they're default it doesn't really matter because there arn't any models/textures/stuff/what-have-you to be downloaded, and having a few extra datablocks isn't really a big deal, but it's principle to me, and it gets on my nerves.

It shouldn't enable itself. Sounds more like you don't have permission to write the file that saves what is on and off, and it was enabled by default in that file.