[Development] GTT: Viano City *Updated news 12/18/2011*

Poll

The most detailed blocko city ever?

Yes
50 (89.3%)
No
6 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: [Development] GTT: Viano City *Updated news 12/18/2011*  (Read 18974 times)

Map size (so far): 18.76MB

Viano City is a new upcoming blocko city map for Blockland. Nearly all interiors can be visited, once it is finished. Easter-eggs will be added also, more of the map will be kept as a surprise. If everything is quickly finished, the map was released on 12 December 2011.

Warning: The map requires a fast working video card. The reason? The map is very detailed, with many objects.

"This is Viano FM. This month, a gigantic liner will arrive, it's new and fresh. Some people describe it as a four funnel liner, who knows? Thank you for enjoying Viano FM, and now we skip to Hold the Line song."

Latest News
18.4.2011 - I will re-export all models into Blockland again. To see if the green effect bug is gone from the models.
12.4.2011 - Official trailer released here.
12.1.2011 - Military base "height in hallways" fixed.
12.1.2011 - Windmills, desert and drug factory added.
11.23.2011 - There will be a desert behind Viano City, to make it more better.
11.12.2011 - Tonight a new beta test around 8pm in U.S. time. Be sure to check it out beta-testers! ;-)
11.9.2011 - Road textures finished, the final version will be done this week. I think, I will release the map earlier.
11.7.2011 - Tomorrow, another beta test at my server. New road textures will be placed in the map. A big thanks to:
11.5.2011 - Hospital has been made. Several glitches fixed, and every door hole has the size of JVS doors.
11.4.2011 - Airport, billboard and cell phone masts have been made. Vice City feeling is coming closer, I can yet refer this map as the most detailed blocko city ever.
11.4.2011 - A lot has been done in five hours. Police station, hotel, traffic light, beach house, home house and fire station has been made. Everything aligns with the building grid.
11.4.2011 - Progress has been started now. Some buildings will be made, just keep every day an eye on this development.
11.3.2011 - I am looking for five beta testers. The first beta test will be kept on 5 November, this weekend.

FAQ
Q: I am a beta tester, where do I place the zip file?
A) You place the folder Map_Viano in the zip file, to the Add-Ons folder.

Q: I found a glitch, where do I report it?
A) Just send me a pm with a screenshot.

Q: Is everything aligned with the building grid?
A) Yes.

Q: Who made the textures?
A) [GSF]Ghost made the textures. They were token from GSF San Andreas map.

Q: How do I make a blocko city?
A) You need to have a good brain when you use Torque Constructor.

Q: How long did the progress took?
A) I started last Tuesday, November 1 2011. In just four days, the map was already nearly completed.

Q: How big is the map?
A) Big enough to hide in.

Become a beta tester
Want to become a beta tester? Send this information below in a pm to me.

Beta testers
Brian Smith ID: 8437
Nasoa ID: 26543
MrLoL ID: 3306
BlockStar ID: ??
Jacob 123456789 ID: 3741
InFamous99 ID: 11322
MunkyCheez ID: 10664
TomTheGeek ID: ??
Moonlight ID: 10705
Phillip ID: 24585
Serge64 ID: ??
Siba ID: ??
Azur ID: 22925
Robo Dude ID: 10725

Beta positions closed.

Every beta tester, add me on Return to Blockland messenger: ID 6979. ;-)

A big thanks to:
Pentium - The road textures <3

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]When are you online:[/b]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:00:52 PM by Antares »

These maps are always cool, I'm making one similar to this kind of map soon.

These maps are always cool, I'm making one similar to this kind of map soon.
I am planning to add a highway, but the map is too small for that. I was also planning for a secret military base on a third private island.

I am planning to add a highway, but the map is too small for that. I was also planning for a secret military base on a third private island.
Oh man that would be awesome. You're a great mapper.

Hopefully not as glitchy as GSF?

I do hope you don't make the mistake of not putting the buildings on the brick grid.

I do hope you don't make the mistake of not putting the buildings on the brick grid.
That's not a mistake at all, it makes building a billion times easier and funner.

EDIT: woops misread
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:13:47 PM by Mega-Bear »

Hopefully not as glitchy as GSF?
This will be much better then the GSF maps. Is there anything to get real life water in Blockland?

I will align with the building grid.

Is there anything to get real life water in Blockland?
Probably just a realistic looking water texture with the appropriate properties.

This will be much better then the GSF maps. Is there anything to get real life water in Blockland?

Nope, but I found out how to get emitters to show up underwater when viewed above sea-level.

i hope this is better than your last map, you slacked off a lot on that one if i do say so myself.
this would be great if you did it correctly.

i hope this is better than your last map, you slacked off a lot on that one if i do say so myself.
this would be great if you did it correctly.
For now I have two maps with two cities. San Fierro and Peek City. Peek City had roads that were too small, but San Fierro was never really finished. San Fierro is missing a lot, but it can still be downloaded.

Very cool, *notify*
Can I test?
ID : 8932
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:04:26 PM by Ark5 »

I finished eight buildings today, this is one of the "home sweet home" interiors. It has also a garage. Useful for City RP's <3

For now I have two maps with two cities. San Fierro and Peek City. Peek City had roads that were too small, but San Fierro was never really finished. San Fierro is missing a lot, but it can still be downloaded.

i may possibly be thinking of the wrong person