21 (20%)
Bricks
15 (14.3%)
Ticks
7 (6.7%)
Pegs
7 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Author Topic: "Lego" is to "Studs" as "Blockland" is to "Studs"/"FBTSFfoMCSCoMIGS"  (Read 11327 times)

I was scripting something where I needed to inform a user that their brick was misplaced by X amount, and realized I had no units for that amount.

With regard to Lego bricks, we all know

as a stud.

Except for you clearly-not-lego-enthusiasts who call them "bumps".

But, in Blockland, I'm at a loss for words as to what to call

I did some searching around, and it seems different people call it different things, but there is no definitive name.

So... care to help me out in establishing ONE name that it shall be called from now on?

Post below with what you think it should be called, and I'll create a poll from the most popular options so we can finally establish a standard for this.

EDIT: It'd be nice it Badspot popped in here and gave us his official take on it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:56:25 PM by BobAndRob »

Uh, pegs? Maybe?
Probably not.

it can still be called a stud

How do blocko bricks stick anyway?  Anyone else ever wonder that?

Uh, pegs? Maybe?
Probably not.
No...

are pegs. Specifically "connector pegs", but the name is too misleading to be used for the tops of blockland bricks.

it can still be called a stud
Should they still just be called "studs" or should we call them "blocko studs"?

How do blocko bricks stick anyway?  Anyone else ever wonder that?
Presumably... if all bricks were like the one you hold in your hand to place bricks...

would fit into
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:33:17 PM by BobAndRob »

But how does
._
|^|
._
/ \

work?

Same way as

works...

...magic obviously :cookieMonster:

Ninja-Edit: Didn't mean to derail the thread... what do you think we should call those things on top of bricks in Blockland?

Studs, just because they're square doesn't mean they're not studs, studs can be square too

« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:02:53 AM by BobAndRob »