21 (20%)
Bricks
15 (14.3%)
Ticks
7 (6.7%)
Pegs
7 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Author Topic: "Lego" is to "Studs" as "Blockland" is to "Studs"/"FBTSFfoMCSCoMIGS"  (Read 11364 times)

I'm pretty sure I've seen them referred to as "studs" before, in a //script note or somewhere in Blockland other than players.

I removed the
Friction based temporary snap fasteners for a modular construction system composed of manufactured interconnecting geometric solids.
option because it was winning the vote by more than a factor of two, and it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously...
damn you people, you'd be the ones to vote Chuck Norris into office just "4 teh lulz".

Problem.
The small 1x1 circle brick is called a stud.
Therefore, studs are to Quads.

They're studs.

The majority of players, file names, and if I remember correctly, Badspot call them studs.

Why would it be called quads? Quad means four. What about a 2x8? There's a problem.

now that the issue has been raised i personally like the sound of 'ticks' but at the same time 'studs' have already been described as what everyone assumes they are

in lieu of studs, ticks. otherwise just call them studs

Ticks is what I would like to call them.

I tend to call them squares.

Quads so in style now lol.

The problem with calling them quads is that there are already other things on the bricks called quads.

Would have loved calling them "clicks". Doesn't make any sense, but that name just rolls off the tongue for me. Studs sounds blunt and ugly.