Author Topic: Marble Blast gold maps?  (Read 2961 times)

This other game that uses Torque Marble Blast Gold has different maps I'd like to try to import into Blockland.
 I have tried this before but it doesn't show up in the map list.
This may be the map is different than Blockland can handle.
Does Blockland use a certain format of Torque maps, or did I package it wrong?

Edited: Added line breaks because it didn't look right on one line

There could be any number of things going wrong as there are multiple different variants of the Torque Engine. What files are in the map's folder?

Sadly I have lost the files in my laptop that geeked out, last thing I remember was the map itself packaged with the .cs file, it was zipped with the prefix and everything.
I will attempt this again once I can get Marble Blast Gold back.
In the actual map for the MBG, they are packaged differently in the program files splitting the textures and the maps themselves in the respective folders.
This may take some reorganizing to package for Blockland but I am unsure if it will work in any way I know of.

Ah, there's an issue; textures can't be referenced for a map unless it's the bumpTexture or detailTexture, so having the maps and textures in different folders is going to be an error from the start. I'm sure there are various other problems as well.

Nice determination though.

Would you package the textures with the map itself, or is it impossible from the point of how MBG works?
Also, I don't know how the .cs files work, so I borrowed one from the Bedroom map to test it. That may be another error.
My lack in knowledge in packaging may require some patching so I can port maps from MBG correctly. (I may release them later given they work)

Quick offtopic: This is a new account I made, because my other one was inactive in terms I barley used it. So I made this one, to go with my new name in Blockland.

Would you package the textures with the map itself, or is it impossible from the point of how MBG works?
Also, I don't know how the .cs files work, so I borrowed one from the Bedroom map to test it. That may be another error.
My lack in knowledge in packaging may require some patching so I can port maps from MBG correctly. (I may release them later given they work)
Uh, using the Bedroom's .cs is a very very bad thing. You can open .cs files with Notepad if you want to edit them.

Right I'll get on that... Two errors I should fix.
Locking. I might release a port of a map within the month or so...