Author Topic: CONSTRUCTIVE criticism for my song?  (Read 950 times)

I would like some constructive criticism for my song.

NOTE: Saying "make it suck less" is not constructive criticism.

I'd

To it

Pretty good, i liked it :3

0:6 to 0:45

The humming noise in the backgrounds that is off key is creating harmonic dissonance and it sounds weird.

Also after that point, the entire demeanor of the song changes and it feels like a new song is playing, which is weird. You should embody some elements of the melody from the beginning after you change it to not sound off key.

Trust Sev, he knows his stuff.

The humming noise in the backgrounds that is off key is creating harmonic dissonance and it sounds weird.

I don't really hear it so I'm not really sure how to fix it.

Also after that point, the entire demeanor of the song changes and it feels like a new song is playing, which is weird. You should embody some elements of the melody from the beginning after you change it to not sound off key.

Yeah, it is a somewhat sudden change; I should make a better transition.

Thanks!

I don't really hear it so I'm not really sure how to fix it.
Go play a C major and an F sharp major scale at the exact same time on a piano and tell me how it sounds.

That's dissonance.

Go play a C major and an F sharp major scale at the exact same time on a piano
no don't do it
it hurts

Go play a C major and an F sharp major scale at the exact same time on a piano and tell me how it sounds.

That's dissonance.

I know what dissonance is but I can't really hear it Oh wait, now I can--I just don't know exactly when it is.

I know what dissonance is but I can't really hear it Oh wait, now I can--I just don't know exactly when it is.

I mean like what part of the melody, not the time.
did you create your melody on sheet music?

I'll help you.