Somewhat cartoony
Cartoony
Super cartoony
Slightly chibi style
Chibi style
Ultra chibi style
Super cutely deformed overload
Doesn't matter

Author Topic: Anime and Manga Megathread  (Read 1300967 times)

2nd chapter's the best one though.

I still haven't watched kill la kill.

I still haven't watched Evangelion.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:44:53 PM by Jairo »

for some reason i feel like they decided to make kill la kill satire halfway through episode 1

for some reason i feel like they decided to make kill la kill satire halfway through episode 1
>implying that it wasn't satire to begin with

kill la kill isn't parody or satire you punks

it really is crazy bullstuff completely unapologetic trigger shonen and that's why it's so much fun

if anything it's just shonen played entirely for laughs and comedy which is essentially what shonen is in the first place, before you try to make it dark and dramatic

also why the forget am i so into this

it looks like so forgetin interesting its like someone took a moeblob anime and said "YOU KNOW WHAT THIS NEEDS"

"forgetIN GIANT ROBOTS"

and then stuff flew entirely off the handle because the studio was having so much forgetin fun

Remove Moeblob

cannot into mecha
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:04:11 PM by Harm94 »

also why the forget am i so into this
it looks like so forgetin interesting its like someone took a moeblob anime and said "YOU KNOW WHAT THIS NEEDS"
"forgetIN GIANT ROBOTS"
and then stuff flew entirely off the handle because the studio was having so much forgetin fun
seems like it's basically just a sponsored cosmic break anime full of references on top of the moestuff to pull people in
and is it just me or is the art style very very IdolM@ster

its made by oreimo's animators apparently

Alright, here's what I'm watching this season and my opinions. And yes, I'm watching 24 shows this season.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova - All CG takes some time getting used to. Interesting story, decent music, nice character designs.

BlazBlue Alter Memory - Haven't played the games but the story direction seems like a mess. Animation is a little on the not-great side, but the first fight between Jin and Ragna is pretty good.

Coppelion - The writing is terrible and the main character is bipolar. Animation is not good and the music is overly dramatic. Also, angela's vocalist can apparently sing but chooses not to do it very well in the OP and ED.

Galilei Donna - Decent animation, good character design. The over-the-top evilness of the antagonist is pretty funny. It's ok, nothing amazing but it's directed by the guy who did Kite and Mezzo Forte, so we'll see.

Gingitsune - Supposedly a seinen series, but feels pretty shoujo. Not bad, a little on the boring side since it's slice-of-life but it's enjoyable. Supernatural/mythological stuff is always a plus.

Golden Time - Not sure how to feel. It's JC Staff, so even if you have a catchy OP/ED, the pacing is always a little odd. Not bad, though none of the characters are really likable (except the loli who has like 5 minutes of screentime).

Gundam Build Fighters - Seriously glad this has a more comedic direction. It's massive fanservice to Gundam fans and it's well-animated compared to Gundam AGE.

IS: Infinite Stratos 2 - self-explanatory

Valvrave S2 - dumb

Kill la Kill - just watch it

Kyoukai no Kanata - It's not as serious as you'd think, and also KyoAni moeblobs + supernatural stuff. And blood. Not bad, not amazing.

Kyousougiga - just watch it

Little Busters! Refrain - Continuation. More JC Staff. Can't compare it to the VN, haven't read it. I guess it's ok but the pacing is weirder than the first season.

Unbreakable Machine-Doll - Has the most irritating ED of the season. Yaya is a blend of annoying and awesome. It's alright so far.

Nagi no Asukara - Great animation quality. Nice little fairy tale setting. Main character's a bitch but he's growing up. Yes, this show has character development.

Non Non Biyori - your moeblob slice-of-life for the season.

NouKome - long loving title, comedy direction is kind of meh but you watch this show for the fanservice.

Outbreak Company - Surprisingly good, awesome amount of references and likable characters.

Samurai Flamenco - Hilarious, I think people should watch it.

Tokyo Ravens - Bad CG, weird pacing. Not great, not unwatchable.

Walkure Romanze - Based off an eroge, so it's kind of stuff

White Album 2 - Also based off an eroge, but it's not terrible. One of the better VN adaptions (so far).

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta - This is good. Haven't seen the previous series or read the manga, but this is a reboot so the former isn't required.

Yuushibu - Fanservice show, it's a bit like Hataraku Maou-sama! in terms of its backstory. Likable characters, not bad at all.

i'm not entirely certain kill la kill is actually satire. i mean no reviewers seem to be treating it like satire.