Author Topic: Trouble with server connections  (Read 726 times)

Here's how its been going down for a long time:

I join Pecon7's boss fight server. I have a lot of fun, then I get random lag spikes. I looked at the console, and saw something about null packets. I then disconnect from the server.

I completely reinstalled Blockland, and had only default add-ons. I was playing on a server with lots of other add-ons though. However, my laptop is 2 feet away from the host (the actual server is not hosted on his computer) and he's running absolutely fine.

Completely reinstalling Blockland with no other add-ons didn't work. I'm doing the exact same thing the person next to me is doing, like the same router and connection settings, but nothing is working. I attached the traced console log, if that's any help.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Your computer probably can't handle a lot of add-ons at the same time.

Your computer probably can't handle a lot of add-ons at the same time.

That is not at all the problem.

So, can someone examine the console trace, like for other help topics? This is quite frusterating.

Code: [Select]
Exporting server prefs
Exporting client prefs
Exporting client config
Shutting down the OpenGL display device...
Making the GL rendering context not current...
Deleting the GL rendering context...
Releasing the device context...
Tell me, what you were doing the second it crashed.

Code: [Select]
Exporting server prefs
Exporting client prefs
Exporting client config
Shutting down the OpenGL display device...
Making the GL rendering context not current...
Deleting the GL rendering context...
Releasing the device context...
Tell me, what you were doing the second it crashed.
Jetting up to the shelf to work on a build outside the mini game.

Did any moving/animations come into view as you jetted up? Example: Clock, Light Bulb

Did any moving/animations come into view as you jetted up? Example: Clock, Light Bulb
The only things moving was the "Boss battle" minigame going on beneath me. Earlier I had broken the Bulb, and the clock was not within view at the time of the crash. I was outside the minigame at the time.

Did the server happen to have any moved models of the bedroom at the time? Example: If you deleted the clock and windows, it would crash you.

No, none of that. The server works fine on my desktop computer, so it's probably an issue with an external program. I don't know of any disruptions though.

I installed RTB. Problem was solved.

Methinks the RTB team needs to work on compatability with non-RTB accounts.