Author Topic: 2011/11/13 - Blockland r1486 - Alt+Tab/Vsync Fix  (Read 24422 times)

Badspot. I have found a strange problem, isn't Vsync the thing that does the graphics in Blockland? If so, I think there is a glitch in it. It shows strange colors on city models in my new map. All of this happened after the latest release.

Badspot. I have found a strange problem, isn't Vsync the thing that does the graphics in Blockland? If so, I think there is a glitch in it. It shows strange colors on city models in my new map. All of this happened after the latest release.
Vsync locks the maximum framerate to your monitor's refresh rate. Disabling it causes horizontal tearing when moving too fast.
I was experiencing a problem similar to yours and the way I fixed it was already stated in this topic.
Turn on trilinear filtering or force anisotropic filtering.

Vsync locks the maximum framerate to your monitor's refresh rate. Disabling it causes horizontal tearing when moving too fast.
I was experiencing a problem similar to yours and the way I fixed it was already stated in this topic.
Ah, it's an Artifacts bug.

So did this fix the glitch in which if you sometimes Alt+Tab, it would occasionally glitch the current map's color scheme?

As in Bedroom having yellow walls, red floors, etc.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=117386.0 - an example of the glitch

Although that was over a year ago so I assume it might be fixed by now
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:30:50 PM by Katamari007 »

So did this fix the glitch in which if you sometimes Alt+Tab, it would occasionally glitch the current map's color scheme?

As in Bedroom having yellow walls, red floors, etc.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=117386.0 - an example of the glitch

Although that was over a year ago so I assume it might be fixed by now
i remember that from so long ago

I'm not sure if this was this revision or another but I've noticed that the dotted line png in RTB has become cyan inexplicably.

Before:

Now:

Can't really explain that.

It's feeling a little blue

*rimshot*
*crickets*

Turn on trilinear filtering or force anisotropic filtering.
Sorry, I didn't noticed your post. Still, the problem isn't fixed. The trilinear filtering was already enabled in options.

Sorry, I didn't noticed your post. Still, the problem isn't fixed. The trilinear filtering was already enabled in options.
I had this problem when going through the map. I thought it was just the mission area or something then, but it's not just you.

You just solved my frame rate problem thanks.

You just solved my frame rate problem thanks.
It just goes to show;
When you have a problem, turn on and off every possible setting until something works. :cookieMonster:

I'm not sure if this was this revision or another but I've noticed that the dotted line png in RTB has become cyan inexplicably.
Also, The Slopes has turned red, it's been like that for the last few revisions.

Badspot, can you add anti-aliasing options to the options screen please?

Badspot, can you add anti-aliasing options to the options screen please?
Graphics card options.

I had this problem when going through the map. I thought it was just the mission area or something then, but it's not just you.

The Slopes is orange.

Graphics card options.
But I would rather have it in-game, I don't like having to go through that to switch the AA setting