Author Topic: Owl City - Some of the most happy / melancholy music you'll ever hear  (Read 907 times)

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owl_City
Owl City is an American electronica musical project by singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Adam Young formed in 2007 in Owatonna, Minnesota. Young created the project while experimenting with music in his parents' basement. Like many musicians who achieved success in the era between 2005 and 2009, Owl City developed a following on the music and social networking site Myspace in the late 2000s before signing with Universal Republic in 2008.

After two independent releases, Owl City gained mainstream popularity with the 2009 major label debut album Ocean Eyes, which spawned the quadruple-platinum hit single "Fireflies". The album was certified Platinum in the United States in April 2010.

In 2011, Owl City released its third album entitled All Things Bright and Beautiful.

Some YouTube videos of his music:

Vanilla Twilight (my personal favorite)
Meteor Shower
The Tip of the Iceberg
Rainbow Veins (another favorite)
Hello Seattle (Remix) (yet another favorite, some loving beautiful piano here)

TEN MILLION FIREFLIES
LIT UP TEH WORLD AS I FEEEELLL ASWEEP

:/

TEN MILLION FIREFLIES

notice how I didn't link to Fireflies in the OP, because it's not one of his better ones, in my opinion.

also my sister listens to this all the time

hey guys firefl-
TEN MILLION FIREFLIES

welp my job's done here

notice how I didn't link to Fireflies in the OP, because it's not one of his better ones, in my opinion.
Thats why I put the ":/" in there

Buff guy that auto-tuned himself to sound like a little girl.

I own the Ocean Eyes album. All the songs fit so well together when played continuously.

Would honestly not be surprised if 'rainbow veins' is about him being gay.

Hello seattle and galaxy's are probably my favorite

Whenever I listen to this music it makes me happy.

I need to get my hands on the album...

TEN MILLION FIREFLIES

his lyrics dont impress me, but I enjoy the techno. I don't listen to him very much though.
many consider him a rip-off of The Postal Service, though I'm quite sure he was just greatly influenced by their style of music.

these three were the only ones I enjoyed on his latest album:
Angels
Dreams Don't Turn to Dust
Plant Life