Author Topic: Weird interlocking-neon-line crap  (Read 2635 times)

HOW DO I EVEN DESCRIBE WHAT THIS IS

THAT WORKS OKAY

1920x1200 Dual Screen

1680x1050 Dual Screen
1680x1050 Left Only
1680x1050 Right Only

New background and dropshadow (current PDN):
1680x1050: Dual MonitorsLeftRight
1920x1200: Dual MonitorsLeftRight

YEAH HAVE FUN WITH THAT

the idea is that the left monitor (for me this is my secondary monitor and is used only for busy work) is more chilled/less of a giant clusterforget so it's not a distraction

though right now i don't even have the secondary monitor set up because i have nowhere to put it but still this was fun to make

made in Paint.NET, took like 45 minutes or so

if you're a Paint.NET user there's a PDN for it here. It has only three layers: the background, all lines, and the hexagon-bullstuff line overlay if you want to replace that. Go nuts
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:34:14 AM by M »

Holy mother of God in heaven this is AMAZING.

will use when i buy a dream computer with dual monitors.
might even use the right half right now.

I LIKE IT.

How the forget could you make this in paint.net? That's impossible! BURN THE WITCH

How DID you make this in Paint.NET? And in 45 minutes nonetheless

How experienced are you? :(

How DID you make this in Paint.NET? And in 45 minutes nonetheless

How experienced are you? :(
I'm actually not that great. I got the base technique down making another one (draw rectangles, in this case 70px thick, select around them with some padding for rotating to the angles to create anti-aliasing effects, and using a whole lot of alpha mask stuff for fixing up the overlap points - look in the plugins forum on the Paint.NET forums for the alpha mask plugin it's there somewhere)

It was probably actually more than 45 minutes, I was pretty sleep-deprived and my sense of time isn't the best. I should cut that out due to not being sure myself :U

I think I'll redo the background too - looking at it at native resolution, just some noise to prevent flat coloring (which can be weird for the human eye because flat colors like that don't occur in nature) doesn't look all that great. I could probably find something better for that.

1680x1050: Dual MonitorsLeftRight
1920x1200: Dual MonitorsLeftRight

Added a dropshadow to it (not too sure about that one, may redo without it) and a less durrrr background. PDN is also updated, see OP (same file. Dropshadow has its own layer, so if you'd like to make your own without it, go ahead!)

Do 1360x768 pl0x.
Resize your chosen one to 1360 width and apply it with centered position when choosing as wallpaper, or crop to 768 height manually if you like (comes out as like 850 height normally but since the background doesn't contain much important nothing is lost really)

On the right side I want to draw Nyan Cat being murdered.

I mean it fits right?
Like after it's killed the lines just scatter---

nvm

On the right side I want to draw Nyan Cat being murdered.
I mean it fits right?
Like after it's killed the lines just scatter---
nvm
I lol'd

I just met this M guy and I already like him. I love this style of art but I can't tell why.

I lol'd

I just met this M guy and I already like him. I love this style of art but I can't tell why.
Well he's been here since April of 2008.

So much art in creativity.

It looks like a map of the London underground train network.

Not kidding

I would use this if you didn't pick the worst possible colors.

I would use this if you didn't pick the worst possible colors.

Recolor it then?