Author Topic: First Person model  (Read 3240 times)

I am trying to make my Gasmask model mount and only show first person when it mounts.

I tried changing LODs to all kinds of numbers from -10000 to 10000 and none work.

I dont know of any scripting that can do this.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:57:53 PM by Aware »

The problem is that GUI stuff is all client-side, so when you say that it makes it mount for everyone, what it really is doing is just showing for you, and nobody else.

A working solution would involve a client add-on with a clientCmd to show or hide it, and the server sends a commandToClient to tell the client when to show it or hide it.

Just imagine if someone made a horrible image (think of the worst thing you can think of), and created a crosshair with it, full screen, and made it show up for everyone on the server... That is (one good reason) why it can't be done with just a server add-on.

The problem is that GUI stuff is all client-side, so when you say that it makes it mount for everyone, what it really is doing is just showing for you, and nobody else.

A working solution would involve a client add-on with a clientCmd to show or hide it, and the server sends a commandToClient to tell the client when to show it or hide it.

Just imagine if someone made a horrible image (think of the worst thing you can think of), and created a crosshair with it, full screen, and made it show up for everyone on the server... That is (one good reason) why it can't be done with just a server add-on.

Well, thank you for replying, but I do not want there to be a Client Mod.

I stated that I was making it for my Gasmask.

bump

I just want to know how to make the GUI go full screen, is that so hard?

Bump

Obviously no one knows anything about overlays, but hopefully somone knows somthing about first person mounting.

http://www.returntoblockland.com/files/RTB_Documentation.pdf

This explains how to make clients download GUIs, that is if you have RTB, but work off of this and it should help

EDIT: wait, forget, are you using a GUI?

http://www.returntoblockland.com/files/RTB_Documentation.pdf

This explains how to make clients download GUIs, that is if you have RTB, but work off of this and it should help

EDIT: wait, forget, are you using a GUI?
No, he isn't.

For some reason, Uristqwerty started talking about them.

But, I have no idea how to make it first person only. There is a way, I think it involves having a model for first person and a model for third. The third person should just be empty.dts

No, he isn't.

But, I have no idea how to make it first person only. There is a way, I think it involves having a model for first person and a model for third. The third person should just be empty.dts
I do know theres a variable you can use to lock the player at first person/third person, but thats really as far as I know

Because initially, he was talking about using a crosshair GUI, but when someone equipped the item, the gui would show up for "everyone".

I cant figure out how to do that, I've searched BL forums and Torque Help.

I do know theres a variable you can use to lock the player at first person/third person, but thats really as far as I know

Not what I want.

Does anyone know how to change LOD to make it first person only? I've done it befor on accident... but I dont know how to do it on purpose :/

firstPersonOnly=1;
   thirdPersonOnly=1;

firstPersonOnly=1;
   thirdPersonOnly=1;

Thats playertype.

And you cant mount 2 models on the head. I want to know how to make it using LOD

Thats playertype.

And you cant mount 2 models on the head. I want to know how to make it using LOD
ah, then I have no idea

After a long time of trial and error with LODs, I came with this result.

LOD = -1: Third person only

LOD = 1: First person only

Let this help all the people who come after me.