7 (9.2%)
Trance
9 (11.8%)
Hardstyle/Hard Dance
8 (10.5%)
Moombah/Glitch Hop/Downtempo
7 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: The EDM Megathread - Monday Monstercat release!  (Read 211293 times)

someone should get me fl studio because i can't make anything cool in ableton right now :(

How can you afford Abelton and not FL?

His allowance is only enough for one pair of $500 headphones per week.

How can you afford Abelton and not FL?

father randomly got it for me for christmas and a bunch of hardware

yet i am so very bad at it :(

Use the demo of FL
ok

OH GOSH

fl studio is actually really cool
why didn't i try this first

His allowance is only enough for one pair of $500 headphones per week.
what

forget you Assasin's Creed 3 :c
 I want the game bad and probably will buy it with money in saving for FL Studio...
Then I also saw Black Vocks 2, there's always Christmas for the expensive things.....

http://soundcloud.com/cucumber-3/uncertainty

I tried to make something that sounds good :s

Thoughts? I didn't really want to aim for a full song or anything.

interesting, I like it. simple yet nice-sounding. needs some mastering though (but everything needs mastering so yeah lol).

the chords that play at the beginning of every measure starting at ~:43 (the "intro" of your song) could use a little bit more strength, punch, or whatever you want to call it. maybe make copies of the chord and move them up and down an octave?

as for the "drop", that sounds like a good section for some wubbing. you could look up a tutorial on how to make nice wubs in harmless, or whatever plugin you would prefer. it would also be a good section to experiment with sliding notes:

in this example, the note plays at C5, then slides to an octave lower.

seriously, one of these days, we need to form a super legion of blockland electronic artists and make some huge collab/medley
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:18:59 PM by Kingdaro »

interesting, I like it. simple yet nice-sounding. needs some mastering though (but everything needs mastering so yeah lol).
Thanks! I don't really know about mastering much, and only having the demo of FL studio doesn't help either :P

But I'll work on researching mastering. I'm starting to get used to FL studio finally :]

the chords that play at the beginning of every measure starting at ~:43 (the "intro" of your song) could use a little bit more strength, punch, or whatever you want to call it. maybe make copies of the chord and move them up and down an octave?

as for the "drop", that sounds like a good section for some wubbing. you could look up a tutorial on how to make nice wubs in harmless, or whatever plugin you would prefer. it would also be a good section to experiment with sliding notes:

in this example, the note plays at C5, then slides to an octave lower.
Ah, that sliding note would make it sound sort of like the tracks Eminence makes, right? (Birthday Cake Remix)

Thanks! I don't really know about mastering much, and only having the demo of FL studio doesn't help either :P

But I'll work on researching mastering. I'm starting to get used to FL studio finally :]

protip: parametric EQ 2

I've been using that for the kick, clap, and mainly everything lol

Ah, that sliding note would make it sound sort of like the tracks Eminence makes, right? (Birthday Cake Remix)
sure.

protip: parametric EQ 2
fruity multiband compressor is good for compressing sounds that are too powerful, and fruity blood overdrive is good for sounds that need more power.

using both can provide a nice balance :D

hey look guys I figured out the melody and harmony to language

and it's in the key of A major which is like one of the best keys ever

and it's in the key of A major which is like one of the best keys ever
this is truefax

and yeah, that's pretty good rail

you should like, make a trance remix or something.

this is truefax

and yeah, that's pretty good rail

you should like, make a trance remix or something.

hmm. I should, shouldn't I...

+1 thing to add to the list of things to do in FL Studio once my desktop is finished, which is already has like 5 things on it.

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUSYG SUGYSGUSY GSUYG SUGYU SYG SUGYSUSGY SUG YGUSYUGSYGUSYGSUGYUS NEW ZEDD ALBUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA