7 (9.2%)
Trance
9 (11.8%)
Hardstyle/Hard Dance
8 (10.5%)
Moombah/Glitch Hop/Downtempo
7 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: The EDM Megathread - Monday Monstercat release!  (Read 205763 times)

The Electronic Dance Music Megathread

Use the following anchors to quickly navigate through the OP:
(underline indicates a recently added artist)

Monstercat Media | UKF Music | Deadmau5 | Daft Punk | Madeon | Porter Robinson | Skrillex | Kill the Noise | Knife Party | The Glitch Mob | Ephixa | Alex S. | VitalFM | DubstepLyrics | TheBlackParrot

Firstly let me begin by saying that if you came here simply to hate on electronic music for whatever reason, you can kindly show yourself out, because that's not the purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread is to discuss electronic music and those who create and share it. If you do not agree with some of the content in this thread for whatever reason, feel free to discuss and debate it, but in a civil and constructive manner.

We now have our very own Plug.dj room! Look here in the OP for its current status (active or inactive).

Current status of room: Inactive

Monstercat Media is a collaborative music project strongly centered around promoting new and upcoming artists created by the same people who brought you Monstercat Design and Monstercat Gaming. They have released a total of nine ten albums and counting. Their songs consist of all kinds of electronic music, including, but not limited to, dubstep, drumstep, hard dance, electro, house, drum and bass, trance, and hardstyle. Monstercat Media is operated and managed by Mike Darlington, Ari Paunonen, and James Leusink (also known as Ephixa).

Monstercat on Bandcamp
Monstercat on iTunes (latest album)

This is their website.

Monstercat Media releases new songs every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

UKF Music is essentially just two YouTube channels dedicated to dubstep and drum & bass. It is owned and managed by United Kingdom-based AEI Media, specifically by AEI team member Luke Hood.

Joel Thomas Zimmerman, better known by his stage name, Deadmau5 (pronounced "dead mouse"), is a Canadian progressive house, electro house, and house producer based in Toronto. Born on January 5, 1981, he has been a very important aspect of the EDM scene since 2005. He has his own record label, entitled Mau5trap Records, and has signed such artists as Skrillex, Moguai, Madeon, Noisia, and many others.

You can find Deadmau5' work on the following websites:
YouTube
SoundCloud
Beatport
iTunes
deadmau5.com

And you can read his biography here.

Additionally, Deadmau5 is currently having a studio built for him in his house. Once finished, he will be hosting a 24/7 livestream and broadcasting himself making music when he's in there, and who knows what else when he's not. You can view the livestream over here.

LATEST RELEASE(S):
> album title goes here <

Daft Punk is an electronic music duo consisting of French musicians Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo (born February 8, 1974), and Thomas Bangalter (born January 3, 1975). Daft Punk reached significant popularity in the late 1990s house movement in France and met with continued success in the years following, combining elements of house with synthpop. The duo is also credited with producing songs that are considered essential in the French house scene. They were managed from 1996 to 2008 by Pedro Winter (Busy P), the head of Ed Banger Records. Early in the group's career, the band members were strongly influenced by groups such as The Beach Boys and The Rolling Stones. Bangalter and de Homem-Christo were originally in a band called Darlin', which disbanded after a short period of time, leaving the two to experiment musically on their own.

You can find Daft Punk's work on the following websites:
iTunes
Beatport
Last.fm
MySpace

Hugo Pierre Leclercq, known by his stage name, Madeon, is an electropop producer from Nantes, France. Madeon was born on May 30, 1994 and is currently 18 years old. He has received praise from some of the biggest names in the industry, including Deadmau5, Skrillex, and Rob Swire.

You can find Madeon's work on the following websites:
SoundCloud
YouTube
MySpace
Last.fm
Beatport

LATEST RELEASE(S):
Madeon - The City EP

Porter Robinson (born July 15, 1992) is an American electronic dance music producer and DJ from Chapel Hill, North Carolina. He primarily produces in the electrohouse genre. He also named the style complextro when he created the portmanteau to describe his own sound.

You can find Porter's work on the following websites:
YouTube
SoundCloud
Beatport
iTunes
Last.fm

LATEST RELEASE(S):
Porter Robinson - Language

Sonny John Moore, better known by his stage name, Skrillex, is an American electronic music producer and former singer-songwriter. Born in Los Angeles, California on January 15, 1988 (age 24), he is one of the biggest names in the industry today. He has won several Grammy awards.

You can find Skrillex's work on the following websites:
YouTube
SoundCloud
Beatport
MySpace
Last.fm
iTunes

Kill the Noise (Jake Stanczak), known by his stage names Ewun and Kill the Noise, is a drum and bass, dubstep and house producer from Rochester, New York. He has worked with many artists including Spor, Evol Intent, Infiltrata, The Upbeats, Datsik and Dieselboy.

You can find Kill the Noise's work on the following websites:
iTunes
SoundCloud
YouTube
Beatport
Last.fm

Knife Party is an Australian electro house/dubstep duo founded by two members of the electronic rock band Pendulum, Rob Swire and Gareth McGrillen. Being associated with Pendulum, they have hundreds of thousands of fans, and are yet another huge name in EDM. Their first EP release is entitled "100% No Modern Talking," containing four songs.

You can find Knife Party's work on the following websites:
SoundCloud
Beatport
Last.fm
iTunes

LATEST RELEASE(S):
Rage Valley EP

The Glitch Mob is a three-piece electronic music group from Los Angeles, California. It consists of edIT (Edward Ma), Boreta (Justin Boreta), and Ooah (Josh Mayer).

You can find The Glitch Mob's work on the following websites:
iTunes
YouTube
SoundCloud
Beatport
MySpace
Last.fm

Ephixa (James Leusink) is an Internet electronic musician who got his start back in September of 2008. He is one of the managers of Monstercat Media and releases quite a lot of his work through Monstercat. Ephixa is located in Canada.

You can find Ephixa's work on the following websites:
YouTube
Bandcamp
SoundCloud
Beatport
iTunes

Alex S. is a 20-year-old electronic music producer from Virginia. Currently unsigned, he aspires to be a professional electronic producer/DJ. He has been producing for 6 years and only recently has started to put his work on YouTube. He intends to pursue music production as a lifelong career.

You can find Alex's work on the following websites:
YouTube
SoundCloud
iTunes (currently only one song, but his first EP is due for release soon)

VitalFM is essentially another Monstercat Media. They serve to promote underground and underrated artists. VitalFM has three services: VitalDubstep, VitalDnB, and VitalElectronic.

DubstepLyrics is the product of one guy with Sony Vegas and a lot of time on his hands. Do not watch these videos if you are epileptic.

He also owns a channel for non-dubstep songs over on EDMLyrics.

TheBlackParrot is a native Blocklander, and I won't be the least bit surprised if he signs with Monstercat in the very near future. He has his own topic for his music over in Creativity, but I thought I'd add him to this thread seeing as he's awesome.

You can find TBP's work on the following websites:
Bandcamp
YouTube
SoundCloud

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 06:45:41 PM by Raeyok »

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:43:36 PM by Kingdaro »

I've listened to a couple that were meh. Can someone post some good ones?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00vVP_TrU2M

skip to 1:07 if you want good fapping material

my favorite thing about the videos is the bass meter.

I'll add a list of my favorites to the OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00vVP_TrU2M

skip to 1:07 if you want good fapping material

This is one of them.

How do I listen to these without itunes please help me
i'm dumb

IMO their best artist is Ephixa. I've loved his music since 2008-2009.

heard quite a bit of their music.
If I ever get to making music, it's for these guys.

okaywtf I made a topic but whatever

All your bass belongs to us :3
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:20:05 PM by Cucumber! »

Ephixa linked this to me, but i've been listening to it since the first set of music. I have music from all 3 albums, and i bought the 3rd album, which is the bets imo.
I also own an ephixa shirt.
I love formless,  Some Wobbles, and Full Focus.
of course, and the third albums music is great and i listen to that a lot. cannot wait for that new song to be released that was in the promo video, and Riding The Storm is an interesting song.