GCF Ghost house issues[FIXED]

Author Topic: GCF Ghost house issues[FIXED]  (Read 3482 times)

Is there a way to fix GCF Ghost house so that people don't have to download the map before they join?

(see GCF ghost house on this page: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=44273.0)

Edit: one of the files was invalid, and not the one it tells you either.  The file name is ghost.dif
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:07:52 PM by zmaster »

This happens with every add-on ever. You can't fix it.

And it's GSF.

Lake5 managed to do it somehow

Lake5 managed to do it somehow
No, "Lake5" didn't. The people joining your server either already had the map or the map had very little files in it so the download was very quick.

the problem is that people get an error to the tune of: can't find iterior of some kind usually ghost.dif

Then the user probably meddled with the map and deleted an interior that the .mis file references. It's really not a big deal, and can be ignored.

it's in the file. I found out the actual error is cannot load ghost.dif

it's in the file. I found out the actual error is cannot load ghost.dif
Either you or the other player deleted it from their map. Both of you should redownload it.

I redownloaded it randomly seemed to work

I don't get the error the client does, but only if they don't already have the map.

As far is I know no other maps with interiors don't have this problem.

I did find one syntax error in the script, could there be others in the .dif file?

One other question: is there a way to convert .dif to .map or only .map to .dif?