Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1618899 times)

The fact that I got stunned by my OWN spear kill 4 times in 2 days is loving annoying. I hit someone with the spear directly, the knockback makes them hit me instead of pushing them back, goddamn it. I honestly think the stun function should be removed for kaje and penth, or even altogether because it doesn't help.

The only blame is torque script, also pageloss
to make things strange, the oudated gui message pops up and /donatepoints doesn't function properly

Donatepoints is disabled until I fix it.

- The Minigun now has a greater amount of spread, making it less effective at a range.

Definitely not a fan of this.  The Overweight is now unable to reliably hit, well, anything beyond 100 studs or so.  I aimed from the bottom floor at a stationary Dark Samus on the top deck of Hangar and fired for a solid five seconds.  No hits.  Yeah, it is still effective at close range, and barely passable at medium range, but what you have created is essentially a slow, fall-damage sensitive, jet-less Firebug. 

I think I understand the impetus behind the change...being that two or more Overweights dominate pretty much any boss at medium range in almost no time at all.  But now the Overweight is only effective within melee range of many bosses, rendering it pretty useless since it does not have the agility to dodge such attacks (Rotondo's ponch, Penth's sword, Badspot's wand, etc.).

This is not me bitching...this is me genuinely curious as to the reason for the change.  So why fix what wasn't considered broken?

whats the changes to the bb client?

For instance, Kaje and Penth take less damage from incoming projectiles. Will the backstab do 5000 regardless of damage reduction?

Don't know about Kaje but Penth doesn't actually take less damage, something wonky to do with playertypes and health displaying incorrectly. But yes, it should still do the full 5k.

Woke up and tried out the changes for myself. I need a higher playercount before I can see if the backstab is any good. Overweight spread probably doesn't need to be that large, toning it down just a bit would work. Tested overweight and I was still able to eat Kaje/Penth, being the larger bosses but on something like Badspot from the same range, I'm only getting 1k damage in on Badspot instead of 3k on a Kaje or Penth. Tried the backstab a time or two, something doesn't feel quite right. Movement tweak for Infiltrator is nice though. If I can get on during a higher playercount than 6, I'll see if the backstab can actually do something or if it starts to get useless. Kaje is balanced out for the most part but I think needs some tweaks, unsure and I'll have to wait until later to test. Rocketman is nice, players are still able to damage, rocketjump as always except they can't rocket the boss away. So it's kind of a nerf but doesn't anger the boss as much now.

This is not me bitching...this is me genuinely curious as to the reason for the change.  So why fix what wasn't considered broken?

You make good points and I agree with you for the most part, but overweight is a tad broken. Overweight was the one class literally everyone could pick in a round and unless the boss had a huge amount of experience, they'd die. Newer players or not-as-experienced players find it very discouraging when there's even two or three heavies gunning you down along with all the other classes. I also thought about getting overweight's jumping back so it would have no cooldown, allowing it to dodge a bit easier to balance out the spread. But still, the spread probably doesn't need to be that large but I'll be observing and testing today/tomorrow so we can finalize the changes. It'll take some experimentation before we find a sweet spot.

whats the changes to the bb client?
Bug fixes. I highly recommend updating.

Definitely not a fan of this.  The Overweight is now unable to reliably hit, well, anything beyond 100 studs or so.  I aimed from the bottom floor at a stationary Dark Samus on the top deck of Hangar and fired for a solid five seconds.  No hits.  Yeah, it is still effective at close range, and barely passable at medium range, but what you have created is essentially a slow, fall-damage sensitive, jet-less Firebug. 

I think I understand the impetus behind the change...being that two or more Overweights dominate pretty much any boss at medium range in almost no time at all.  But now the Overweight is only effective within melee range of many bosses, rendering it pretty useless since it does not have the agility to dodge such attacks (Rotondo's ponch, Penth's sword, Badspot's wand, etc.).

wat

Why has BB changed so much after the first day of my life in this server, long before the Runner was removed, and before people got that idea?? GOD HELP ME!!!1!

Now I'm sad... :panda:
Welp, off to Terraria!
...and Minecraft...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 08:49:53 PM by Mr. Noobalot »

Why has BB changed so much after the first day of my life in this server, long before the Runner was removed, and before people got that idea?? GOD HELP ME!!!1!

Now I'm sad... :panda:
Welp, off to Terraria!
...and Minecraft...

I don't even understand what you're trying to say. Stuff changes over time, who would've thought.

dont mind him taphoot, he has a habit of being a noob, a LOT.

bu dum tss

Im VideogameHelper, so don't make fun of me...
Besides you like dinosaurs. And you don't let anyone kill a single dino or you flip out.

Besides you like dinosaurs. And you don't let anyone kill a single dino or you flip out.
i smell a throw down

wat

These are, of course, approximations.  I have no way of actually measuring it in real time.  What I'm trying to express is that the minigun is a close-range weapon now.

Better?

i smell a throw down
So do I. :cookieMonster: