Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604450 times)

Was tired last night. I should also add that we do have a /news command that pops up every time someone joins the server, telling them things such as accepting a new admin/balance changes, etc. Forgot about it for a moment there.
Is there not a way to get a GUI downloaded onto a client the same way other things do?

Because then we could just have a message that pops up when you first join the server and then make it so you have to enter something from the rules in order to start playing the game.

Because then we could just have a message that pops up when you first join the server and then make it so you have to enter something from the rules in order to start playing the game.

I'd find this more than annoying if I were a player. People want to get into a server and play it. Having to go look up the rules, find the special one the prompt wants you to input seems like a waste of the player's time. It wouldn't enlighten players on the rules, just finding the certain rule the said prompt demands so you can get into the server. Makes it into a chore.

Realized it said first time you join the server, not every. Above still applies for the most part and the rules can still change. Long-time players won't care that much, newer players will obviously get stuck, etc etc. Some addon out there gives each player a small text box when they join. Wouldn't be able to fit all the rules in it since they're too long. I'm under the impression that if a player doesn't read the rules, the fault is on them. Adding something like this in would just make more work for other players, or admins who may not be experienced with it, attempting to help others somehow getting stuck.

Is there not a way to get a GUI downloaded onto a client the same way other things do?
No.

Coming up with some dumb scheme to force people to read the rules would be as pointless as EULAs in installers that require you to scroll to the bottom before continuing, or dropdown-box "enter your birthday to continue" age-gates. Just an annoyance that doesn't really solve anything. If someone doesn't read the rules then breaks them with malicious intent, it wouldn't have played out any differently if they were forced to read them. Besides, it's not like the server rules here have anything in them that a person with a working moral compass would find counterintuitive.

No.

Coming up with some dumb scheme to force people to read the rules would be as pointless as EULAs in installers that require you to scroll to the bottom before continuing, or dropdown-box "enter your birthday to continue" age-gates. Just an annoyance that doesn't really solve anything. If someone doesn't read the rules then breaks them with malicious intent, it wouldn't have played out any differently if they were forced to read them. Besides, it's not like the server rules here have anything in them that a person with a working moral compass would find counterintuitive.
Case closed, If Jetz thinks its a bad idea and there a very good reason behind it I totally agree, just don't tell me to jump off a cliff, that I won't agree to do.

So...who enjoys reading the old pages of this thread? I do

So you wonder why I haven't been updating the server recently.

Here's the reason:

On another note, I've updated the main logo to now use the aesthetically fitting Badspot costume. I don't know when I'll be assed to update the prints.

On another note, I've updated the main logo to now use the aesthetically fitting Badspot costume. I don't know when I'll be assed to update the prints.

Nice

And nice 3333th post
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:23:12 PM by Redconer »

Question: How long do applications take to be read, observed, and released?

Question: How long do applications take to be read, observed, and released?
We usually do a review every 3-4 months on average.

We usually do a review every 3-4 months on average.
mk, thanks for the answer.

I can probably do the prints.

I'll upload them once their done.
Edit: Why is there an outline on the letters, it bugs the stuff out of me.

Make the welder do damage NOW!
(pretty please?)

Make the welder do damage NOW!
(pretty please?)
Done.

In all seriousness though, I'm planning on giving the engineer and scientist their own weapons. Patience.