Author Topic: Shopping Center 't Loon will collapse in my city  (Read 6502 times)

Shopping Center - 't Loon
Google Maps

A part of the shopping center in my city Heerlen, will collapse very soon. You can follow to live webcams right here, hosted by media and the mayor of Heerlen.

This is right now 30 to 50 meters below the shopping center.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:33:01 AM by Antares »

Whoa.
They are now cutting off the electricity. Gas and water has also been turned off in the building.

Today, the Loon is sinking right now in the ground. It pushes so hard in the ground that a sink hole has been created. Not too long ago, glass was breaking in the stores and shop dome next to the tall building.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:16:58 PM by Antares »

That's the foundation of a shopping mall?
Glad I'm not shopping there.

That's the foundation of a shopping mall?
Glad I'm not shopping there.
From 1899 to 1974, there were coal mines in Heerlen. There are more then two thousand mine ways underground that are filled with water. Two mine ways are straight bellow the shopping center, but they are filled with water.

From 1899 to 1974, there were coal mines in Heerlen. There are more then two thousand mine ways underground that are filled with water. Two mine ways are straight bellow the shopping center, but they are filled with water.
Well, That's a possible issue.

I say the blow it up.

Well, That's a possible issue.

I say the blow it up.
Can't. They planned a controlled demolition yesterday. But they were too late, if they arrive with the destruction crane the Loon entrance will collapse.

I'm waiting for it to collapse c:
About when do they estimate it'll go?

I'm waiting for it to collapse c:
About when do they estimate it'll go?
They said with-in two days the entire entrance will collapse.

Woah.

We have a shopping center here that is right by the beach. It's quite massive, and my mother knew people who worked on it while they were building it. A tiler said that each day he came back to carry on working, half the ones he had laid the previous day had cracked due to the building sinking/morphing as the foundations were sand. A concrete worker said that each day he came back there were new cracks in the building foundations/walls/pillars. He said that his company just filled them in with paste instead of redoing them.
The building literally is built on sand.
If you stand on a nearby grassy landing, you can see the building like this:
                 _Building_
                |             |
   Sea    __|              |__Ground__
~~~~~|                                    |

The building has a big crack down the exact middle of it, if you look at it like this.
The half closest to the sea is on a big lean and is splitting away from the other half. If you park your car on top (it includes a parking garage) on the normal half, it's fine. If you park on the half closest to the sea, you start rolling towards the sea, quite instantly and quite quickly.
Sometimes when you're inside, the building will shake like a mini-earthquake thing.

Here are some images:

It's the horrible green thing down bottom left corner.

Note the filename (ugliest waterfront building) lol.

Possibly the best photo so far. See the big sign on the circle part? That's where it has split. This photo is quite old though.

Taken from the top, that's how close it is to the beach.

Here's a good photo of the side that I'm talking about. I added red lines to illustrate.
Again, this is an old photo, it's worse and there's a noticeable crack there now. They painted the whole building again to hide the cracks as well since the photo.

Again.

I wouldn't be taking that up there, buddy.

We were warned by people who helped build it never to actually go in it. It's a scary ass building.

You should take the Shopping Center...

and push it somewhere else.

stream 2, you can see pillars inside fidgeting and bending.

stream 2, you can see pillars inside fidgeting and bending.
I just noticed that :o
creepy.

Cam one, theres a sale!