Author Topic: Microsoft eHome Infared Transceiver won't stay dead  (Read 1436 times)

Still not sure if this counts as a Blockland problem or not so I put it here to be safe.

So I uninstalled Microsoft eHome Infared Transceiver so the ' and ` keys would work in game, and they do, but every time I start my computer I have to uninstall it again. Any way to keep it from reinstalling itself?

I think if you disable the device it won't reinstall drivers for it.

Is it USB? If so, just unplug it if you're not trying to do something unofficial with it...

Is it USB? If so, just unplug it if you're not trying to do something unofficial with it...
It's a virtual thing I think.

Try disabling it instead of uninstalling it.

How do I disable it? (Windows 7 by the way)

How do I disable it? (Windows 7 by the way)
Do the same thing that you did to uninstall it but instead of clicking uninstall click disable.

Do the same thing that you did to uninstall it but instead of clicking uninstall click disable.
There is no obvious disable button as far as I've found.

Right click > Properties > Driver > Disable?

Right click > Properties > Driver > Disable?
There is a disable button but it's grayed out.

My eHome infrared transceiver was actually a physical usb device; If you have something such as a media remote control which has a usb receiver, just try unplugging it if it's not necessary.

After a quick google, if it's greyed out, it seems to be deemed necessary by the computer; what happens if you try to disable it in safe mode?
There seems to be various work arounds in terms of regedit and pissing about with the registry, but unless you are confident in what you are doing, I wouldn't suggest that.