Transparant line on .dif joints

Author Topic: Transparant line on .dif joints  (Read 6564 times)

Is there any way to spawn .dif interiors with the mission editor so they're aligned with the brick grid? Or is there a position i can transform it to so it lines up properly?

I can do it manually of course but it's always off by some amount and takes too much time

[IMaG]http://i42.tinypic.com/25zi2aq.png[/img]
This is at a corner of a test interior. The walls and floor were constructed as separate objects and exported as a single .dif, and for some reason they give me this line?

Sorry for all the problems, still getting the hang of constructor. What do these red lines on certain parts of my interior represent?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:09:10 PM by Böltster »

Spawn the interior, then make sure it is linear. Meaning, make sure you haven't rotated it at all. Then, still in mission editor, click on it and adjust its position to be all whole numbers. Does that make sense?

Spawn the interior, then make sure it is linear. Meaning, make sure you haven't rotated it at all. Then, still in mission editor, click on it and adjust its position to be all whole numbers. Does that make sense?

Except the height can be weird. I wrote about this in my tutorial.

Worked a charm, maybe you can help me with my next problem:

This is at a corner of a test interior. The walls and floor were constructed as separate objects and exported as a single .dif, and for some reason they give me this line?

It looks like the walls and floors don't quite meet up. Go into Constructor and zoom in as closely as possible to that spot by targeting a shape, then scrolling in. If they truly don't touch, begin to move them closer together by small increments by rescaling them then changing their size and maybe center. If that doesn't work, then the interior is likely just broken, which happens to all of us.

Worked a charm again, cheers.

Updated with another question

The only time I've ever seen red lines like that is when I've messed with vertices.

Same here, those normally mean that I have messed with the vertices and basically broken the interior in some way. I don't get how you would get them otherwise.

Looks like you have some sort of intersection going on.

You may have pulled a face back through the other one.

I gave up because constructor is so loving temperamental and faces were randomly disappearing on import to blockland,

I gave up because constructor is so loving temperamental and faces were randomly disappearing on import to blockland,

The only times faces disappear for me is:

- Faces are overlapping.
- The interior is more than 800 brushes, straining it a little.
- I used CSG Subtract.

Make sure none of that happened and nothing should go wrong.

The only times faces disappear for me is:

- Faces are overlapping.
- The interior is more than 800 brushes, straining it a little.
- I used CSG Subtract.

Make sure none of that happened and nothing should go wrong.

Those used to be the only times it would happen to me, but now whenever I export an interior, the faces of the last object I sliced disappear. It annoys me to no end.