Author Topic: Juggernaut Playertype (Released)  (Read 5394 times)

Update V2! It's out.

Update! I am almost finished and will try to release by tonight.

I need your final opinions before I release.
-Is the color ok, or should I change it?
-Any other final touches I should add?

Here are the ingame screenshots:

Seeing all the boss battle servers among other things, I thought it'd be nice to have a juggernaut playertype for just that sort of thing. A few quick things the playertype would include are:
-Slower movement speed
-Larger health
-No jump (or only able to jump two bricks high)
-No crouch movement
-Custom armor

I made the armor I want in Milkshape, but I'm not really sure where to go from here. It's loosely based on the juggernaut armor from MW3. I don't really want the model itself to be a playertype, I just want the armor to equip to the player that is using the playertype, so they can keep whatever they had before. I'm thinking the model's texture should be a dark grey/olive, or if possible, the color of the player's shirt.

I can create the script as far as movement speed, health, jumping/crouching is concerned, but I'm not really sure how to go about exporting this armor with the right joints, or how to make the script equip it when this playertype is chosen.

[codesniped]

If someone would like to help me, I'll include their name in the credits. Or if you would like to use my model and do it yourself, feel free to message me and I'll send it to you. You don't even need to include me in the credits (though it'd be nice if you did).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:36:36 PM by Thorax »

I updated the main post with the script I currently have. I might add sprinting to it (or make that a separate version of the Juggernaut).

Looks really great

Thanks.

pretty. i suggest keeping the jumping, just having it lower though, as not being able to jump at al could get annoying for small walls.

pretty. i suggest keeping the jumping, just having it lower though, as not being able to jump at al could get annoying for small walls.

Ok, I'll take that into consideration. I might just make a separate "no jump" playertype.

This would go perfect for my Juggernaut Boss Battle servers i host every so often

Fffffff me and Aware planned on making this, looks good anyways.

Fffffff me and Aware planned on making this, looks good anyways.

Sorry, I know how that feels. Thanks though.

I've finished up the playertype as far as attributes go. The Juggernaut is slow, can only jump 2 bricks high, and cannot move while crouching.

Right now I'm exporting the armor and trying to figure out how to get it to equip.

This looks even better, maybe make an LMG also to fit in with it?

What's a juggernaut?

"Juggernaut - A huge, powerful, and overwhelming force or institution."

The suit I modeled is loosely based off of the Juggernauts from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, whose design is based on the protective suits used when disarming bombs.

I'll code it.
Just send it to me, you'll probably get it back around tomorrow.
:S

make it a white-ish tan color or make it change color with players chest