Author Topic: Suggest me a pokemon game to do a playthrough of.  (Read 1029 times)

Gameboy Advance only, i cant decide.

thx <3

FireRed

Obvious choice is obvious




LeafGreen/FireRed, I need to know which pokemans are the best to beat that Gary motherforgeter

LeafGreen/FireRed, I need to know which pokemans are the best to beat that Gary motherforgeter

If you picked Venusaur,

water type > all

LeafGreen/FireRed, I need to know which pokemans are the best to beat that Gary motherforgeter
>Take fire pokemon
>rival has water pokemon
>find grass pokemon
>train
>???
>profit

I always pick charizard because he's a badass motherforgeter

decent grass pokemon are hard to find

>Take fire pokemon
>rival has water pokemon
>find grass pokemon
>train
>???
>profit
Best bet over a water type is Electric, since every water type pokemon is capable of learning at least 1 type of move that is effective against grass. Most being able to use Ice, Magikarp using Bounce (Flying) and Seismitoad using poison. And Electric is only weak to Ground, so it's slightly less likely to take double-damage from most opponents.
Against Blastoise however, being a pure water type, Electric is best.
Find a Pikachu and train it Raichu, or a Magnemite into Magneton, or Voltorb into Electrode.

I always choose a fire-type as my first starter in a new generation/game, so, I generally look towards getting an Electric pokemon to use against my water opponent. Swampert was the only one who foiled this. >:c

Electross is the answer

Colosseum

(because you can connect your GBA to fight lol)

Pokemon has always been way too easy. I haven't played any of the recent ones but for the first three iterations of the series you could just brute force your way through every battle and not care about type differences or strategy most of the time.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:12:51 AM by Otis Da HousKat »

Pokemon has always been way too easy. I haven't played any of the recent ones but for the first three iterations of the series you could just brute force your way through every battle and not care about type differences or strategy most of the time.
On Gen V, I managed to make my way through the entire storyline without losing a single battle.
Which I wasn't expecting. Normally I rooster-up in atleast one place, either from facing my rival at a poor time, or underestimating a gym leader, or most often from not having a team quite ready to take on the Elite Four yet.
I'm not sure if the game was easier or whether I developed mad Poke Skills (Probably not the latter).