Author Topic: Space Mini Empires - Frozen until --/--/2012.  (Read 1908 times)

Hello and welcome to the thread of my upcoming Space Mini Empires!

News:

25/12/2011: Started the project, finished the raw and huge techtree and the plans for the first playable star system. Two others are being prepared.
26/12/2011: Finished the first playable star system.
Edit 1: I reduced the number of tree/blocks on Terra, because it lagged for some people. Also I made some additions to the techtree.
You can watch it here. Note that this it's pretty messy und huge and we yet don't have a way to implent this into the RP. But if you join the RP, please use it as a standardized techtree, it's fairer than making stuff up.
30/12/2011: I decided to put the project on halt. I don't know, the motivation behind doing a Mini Empires is (once loving again) too low to really do something about it. I will continue at some point in the future, but I don't see it happening this year. Still I want to wish you a happy new year.

Star Systems:

Alpha Primaris:
The main star system. Consits of six more or less inhabitable planets. The star, Alpha Primaris gave the name to it's system.

22-G Binary system: (WIP)
A small smaller system consisting of 4 planets. It features a yellow and a red star. (Not playable)

The unknown system: (WIP)
Little is known about this system. It features a blue star and 7 planets.

HOW TO ENLIST

1. Add me (15695) to RTBConnect.
2. Tell me why you should help to test this.
3. If you are accepted, I will PM you the pass. DO NOT distribute it, please.

Known Planets:

Terra
Terra is pretty much like Earth. Heck, even it's name implies that. Consists of a north pole, a huge rain forest and a desert island. - Start-Planetable

Seabase
Seabase is a sea-world, meaning it consists mostly of oceans and sea. It doesn't feature much plants, but the oceans do generate enough oxygen to make it habitable. It features three vulcanos but lacks much space - Means that you'll have to build on the water. - Start-Planetable

Snowhome
Snowhome is a far off planet and is, due it's distance to the Alpha Primaris, very cold. Infact, it's entire surface is covered in snow. Interestingly, due to the lack of any plants, the planet is somehow habitable and the seas under the thick snow and ice are full of animals. - Start-Planetable

Pitorin 1
Pitorin 1 is a void planet very close to Alpha Primaris. It is inhabitable, grey and miserable. No signs of life have been spotted here but it hosts many hidden treasures under its boring surface.

Ferrum Alpha/Beta
The Ferrum double planets are two planets to orbit each other, as well as Alpha Primaris. The planets are composed nearly purely on iron. The red color comes from their inhabitable but noteworthy atmosphere, which allowed the surface to turn into iron oxide.

Screenshots:

Seabase:

Snowhome

Terra

Pitorin 1

Credits: (so far)

Snick0rz (15695)
Concept, Terra, Pitorin 1 and Ferrum Alpha build, 22-G and Alpha Primaris system structure, Techtree contribution
Annihilation (19856)
Seabase, Snowhome and Ferrum Beta build, planets for the yet unnamed system, Techtree contribution
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:38:36 AM by Snick0rz »

Sounds very Interesting. I will enlist tomorrow, for I should probably get some rest too.

The planets seem like boxes with a small terrain in it.

The planets seem like boxes with a small terrain in it.

Well, yes. Actually I thought about making them bigger.

But that's the problem of all Mini Empires. Boxes with Terrain in them. You can't really add much variety to or about it.

So this is like SpaceMiniEmpires with PLANETS?
I've done this before.

Someone should make a largescale Empires, that would be fun.

planetary mini empires
you need to make the planets much bigger, and make the terrain not-so-boring and at things that are necessary for anybody to even want to live on the planet, like minerals and resources worth gathering.

Cant use RTB, any other way someone can apply?

planetary mini empires
you need to make the planets much bigger, and make the terrain not-so-boring and at things that are necessary for anybody to even want to live on the planet, like minerals and resources worth gathering.

Yes, that's what I imagined but I hadn't had any time to work on this. I will add minerals and resources. Basicly the whole point of Ferrum is it's immense amount of iron which can be mined.

Cant use RTB, any other way someone can apply?

Later, of course, but for now I got like three mayor problems.
1. It isn't anywhere near finished. I seriously only posted this thread to see whether my idea could be possibly successful. However, that doesn't mean I'll drop it later on. I will finish this to the point where I consider it playable/showcaseable enough, then start a open test.

2. I can't host. Or better, not everyone is able to join at any time. Also I could seriously use a 24/7 dedi. I thought about Kalph's service, problem is I don't have PayPal or a bank account (yet).

3. I must increase the size of the single planets. Proven fact, people said that and I agree. While this is the least of all problems, it still is a very important one.

The only reason I'm not allowing forum sign-ups is that the space is too limited anyways. There are only 3 start-planetable planets. I got to make some more star-systems and habitable planets.

Once everything is finished, I will very gladly PM you the pass.

Someone should make a largescale Empires, that would be fun.
Did That Also

Snicks, I'm going to apply. You should have told me sooner that you were doing this. :3

:iceCream: