Author Topic: Interiors with no collision?  (Read 5590 times)

Is it possible to create an interior that has no collision?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:07:31 PM by Demian »

Look in the entity properties, there may be something. Otherwise try exporting the interior without saving and restarting TC like you are supposed to.

Otherwise try exporting the interior without saving and restarting TC like you are supposed to.
What do you mean by that?

What do you mean by that?

When you export an interior as a .dif without restarting TC it is likely to lose collision. You can make collisionless interiors by essentially breaking them.

And that's what we call taking advantage of the broken system :)

On another note, what are you working on now Mega? I'm attempting to develop a game using Unity 3D. (But this discussion goes elsewhere)

And that's what we call taking advantage of the broken system :)

On another note, what are you working on now Mega? I'm attempting to develop a game using Unity 3D. (But this discussion goes elsewhere)

Love2D and Lua. http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=180803.0

Let's hear about your game. :o

Sweet, looks way legit! Mine is actually going to be a remake of what I attempted on Blockland. I'll have to see if it all works out. I really recommend Unity 3d though, it's extremely powerful and flexible, able to run scripts written in C#, C++, JavaScript, Boo, etc. as well as models imported from any modeling program. You can test your game in the editor, and it has good physics from Nvidia.

Anyhow, I'm going to attempt making a MMORPG. Any help is welcome. (PM me)

I wouldn't force-break your interior for no collision, the camera will mess up in third-person.

I wouldn't force-break your interior for no collision, the camera will mess up in third-person.
DTS shapes disappear when they are not in direct view of the player. This isn't a problem with small objects but my stuff is the size of the Bedroom.

When you export an interior as a .dif without restarting TC it is likely to lose collision. You can make collisionless interiors by essentially breaking them.
I export interiors without restarting TC and they work fine. Should I save it first, restart TC, load and then export?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 10:42:23 AM by Demian »

I export interiors without restarting TC and they work fine. Should I save it first, restart TC, load and then export?

Yes, interiors are at risk of breaking if you don't reload them. No idea how your's managed to survive after exporting without restarting all this time.

Well since I can't seem to force break my interiors I guess I will have to use DTS shapes.

Just letting you know Demian, I have no clue what they're talking about and exporting from TC doesn't break collision as far as I know.

Just letting you know Demian, I have no clue what they're talking about and exporting from TC doesn't break collision as far as I know.

What version of Constructor do you have? I have 1.03 and it breaks every time unless I save, restart, and export.

What version of Constructor do you have? I have 1.03 and it breaks every time unless I save, restart, and export.
1.03, I don't know what you're doing to break it.

It does for me and Ostinyo.