Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Android - Welcome iOS users, good maps DO exist on Android...  (Read 20916 times)

I felt it needed it's own thread.

Anyone knowing a good ICS ROM for Nexus S? I'm currently using the stock one but it feels awfully slow.
I'm currently thinking about getting Brainmaster's CM9 but I'm not completely sure.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:21:40 PM by DontCare4Free »

Anyone knowing a good ICS ROM for Nexus S? I'm currently using the stock one but it feels awfully slow.
I'm currently thinking about getting Brainmaster's CM9 but I'm not completely sure.

i'm building cm9 myself, since noone is sheding light on any builds for my device.

>Galaxy S3 announced formally for USA
>looks like paperweight, thin enough to snap with bare hands
>quadcore processor
>same cameras
>$199

lol no thanks, I'll stick to my S2.  There's no benefit of a quadcore for a phone unless you're like a hardcore benchmarker.  Most consumers won't even notice the difference.

I have a Samsung galaxy 2. I haven't had it rooted.  I'm not tech savvy enough to know my specs :/

I have a Samsung galaxy 2. I haven't had it rooted.  I'm not tech savvy enough to know my specs :/
Well the specs, for starters, is a gigabyte of RAM, a 1650mAh battery and a 1.2 or 1.5 GHz dual core processor depending on the specific model.  It's probably the best Android phone out there that won't break your bank too much.  I got mine refurb for $10, but as usual the $30 activation fee etc. etc.

bigger phones are so much cooler i'd rather have a bulky powerful android then some other tiny phone :D

I'm starting to think the Galaxy Nexus is the best all-around phone for everyday usage AND customizability. Especially with 4.0 and the great development options.

I'm looking into buying a replacement for my TM2 - possibly a Transformer Pad Infinity?

Brian Smith - Droid RAZR
I was playing SNES

And I saw Wedge. Is there where Wedge got his name from?
Though an actual picture of my phone (you may have to turn your head)

Brian Smith - Droid RAZR
I was playing SNES

And I saw Wedge. Is there where Wedge got his name from?
Though an actual picture of my phone (you may have to turn your head)

Holy poop, I forgot you can run Windows on android.
I'm starting to think the Galaxy Nexus is the best all-around phone for everyday usage AND customizability. Especially with 4.0 and the great development options.

I'm looking into buying a replacement for my TM2 - possibly a Transformer Pad Infinity?
The Samsung Galaxy S2 Has great customizability as well :C
They're both almost identical in specifications except for the screen (Well really, the Nexus' specs are slightly weaker since of the improved screen, but both phones are pretty equal), I've managed to turn my phone into a neat overclocked gaming hub.

Also, someone tried emulating HL1 with the Windows emulator on android, oh god, it's choking on the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZl3QmJUZts
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:09:32 AM by Aphtonites »

I find the only good Android device for doing emulators would be a Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY mainly because of the L and R buttons being so conveniently located.

Bumping this, Google I/O in two weeks, children.

They're announcing a new Nexus tablet running the next version of Android, presumably "Jellybean".

Prepare your star fishes.

I find the only good Android device for doing emulators would be a Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY mainly because of the L and R buttons being so conveniently located.

Bumping this, Google I/O in two weeks, children.

They're announcing a new Nexus tablet running the next version of Android, presumably "Jellybean".

Prepare your star fishes.
I'm planning on buying a physical controller to even it out, there are some that attach right onto your phone.
Also forget you google, you're making me hungry with all these names.