Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Android - Welcome iOS users, good maps DO exist on Android...  (Read 20919 times)

I don't understand what Ice Cream Sandwich is, and I'd also like some nifty apps I can get.

I got an HTC sensation running 4.0 with SenseUI 3.6

My favorite feature is the one in the top picture. That's all my running applications. Looks dope as forget IMO.

My favorite feature is the one in the top picture. That's all my running applications. Looks dope as forget IMO.
that's android 4.0, not htc sense for the record.

htc sense tends to bastardize good things

that's android 4.0, not htc sense for the record.

htc sense tends to bastardize good things

Uh duh? When did I say it was SenseUI?

Uh duh? When did I say it was SenseUI?
It was kind of implied. Anyway, more screenshots of the Sense stuff? I'm interested to see whether it actually got better compared to the Wildfire S and how it stands compared to vanilla.

It was kind of implied. Anyway, more screenshots of the Sense stuff? I'm interested to see whether it actually got better compared to the Wildfire S and how it stands compared to v
[/q

They didn't really change much in Sense. Some widget changes, but.nothing too crazy.

Is Jellybean available for the Galaxy S2?

It was kind of implied. Anyway, more screenshots of the Sense stuff? I'm interested to see whether it actually got better compared to the Wildfire S and how it stands compared to v

They didn't really change much in Sense. Some widget changes, but.nothing too crazy.
The message preview looks a bit different both compared to the WfS one and vanilla.

Is Jellybean available for the Galaxy S2?
It isn't even officially announced yet, and not even ICS has been officially ported yet to the GS2 AFAIK.

Hm well, my old phone just broke and I'm looking into getting a new Android. My price range right now is between $100 - $150 and I'm probably going to end up buying online. Any good phone models that fit the price range? Oh, and I'm pretty sure I have to include operator... AT&T.

I'm really stupid. I'll never find a decent android with no contract at that price lol.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:38:26 PM by BanishedLetters »

Hm well, my old phone just broke and I'm looking into getting a new Android. My price range right now is between $100 - $150 and I'm probably going to end up buying online. Any good phone models that fit the price range? Oh, and I'm pretty sure I have to include operator... AT&T.

I'm really stupid. I'll never find a decent android with no contract at that price lol.
http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phones/lg-optimus-v-phone.jsp

Would that work with AT&T SIM card?
No but if youre not going contract why do you need AT&T?

No but if youre not going contract why do you need AT&T?

Because I already have a contract with AT&T. All I have to do is put my SIM card in another phone that fits AT&T SIM cards and it'll work. The reason I'm buying one without a contract is because there's no point in getting another contract when I already have one.

Because I already have a contract with AT&T. All I have to do is put my SIM card in another phone that fits AT&T SIM cards and it'll work. The reason I'm buying one without a contract is because there's no point in getting another contract when I already have one.
Im lost. You already are paying for a contract with AT&T and have a phone with them, but you want another phone without a contract? For what reason do you need two phones?

Banished, go online and look for a used Android phone or a refurbished from Ebay. You'll find unlocked phones for that price range that will work with AT&T as well as any other GSM network.

That's not actually your running applications, but just the ones you've had opened recently. Android 4.0 has a really clever new system that actually freezes applications real time, so you don't need a task manager/killer, all of your tasks will be frozen and inactive until you want to use them again.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:42:45 PM by MackTheHunter »