Poll

Do you feel like since we're basically teenagers and all, we have moved Badspot's goal of this small game aiming at kids up to teenagers and above?

Yes
11 (34.4%)
No
21 (65.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Do you feel we have strayed off Badspot's desired target in Blockland?  (Read 2825 times)

Do you feel that we moved Badspot's ideal target for Blockland? I mean, we see young forumers joining in when they're 8 years old and such, and I see the community going all "Leave, don't come. This is mature forums only." But, really? Mature people only? What do you think was Badspot's intended target audience for Blockland? Mature teenagers, squids, or kids who like to play with lego?

Everybody who actually wants to play will play reguardless of the community.

Everybody who actually wants to play will play reguardless of the community.

Exactly. This is a building game, if you don't want to play because the community is mean to you, screw you. Build like you're supposed to, make friends who will build with you.

Going on seventeen here. Never going to grow out of Blockland.

It's not like Blockland is explicitely aimed at a certain age-group.

It's not really aimed at an age group, as it is more at a fan-group.
If you're interested in Lego or building-blocks or sandbox games, then that's who Blockland is aimed at.

The "mature" thing just comes from the users who play Blockland.
Once you get down to actually playing online, most people make a server, and then aim that towards their own different "markets".
For example, if I'm hosting a free-build, then I don't care what age group I get. If I'm hosting a serious roleplay, then I only want mature people. If I'm hosting a serious deathmatch or teamdeathmatch, then I might not want only casual players, but rather serious players.

Blockland itself is aimed at anyone who likes Lego and sandbox games.
Individual servers are aimed at more specific audiences.
And the forums, well, certain areas are aimed at certain people.
Off Topic can be slightly more adult than expected, but that doesn't exactly make it more mature.
If it were really a problem that members of these forums weren't always inviting to certain types of people, then it's really the Mod's problem in that they should put a stop to it.

Blockland's target market is anyone who'll pay money.

The maturity issue is a perversion of a normally good thing that has ingrained itself into this community and manifested dysfunction.

Going from 22 and I still like Legos and prepubescent teens

Going from 22 and I still like Legos and prepubescent teens
I see what you did there you dirty Pedro.

I remember a while ago when Blockland was a game available for download on the Apple website it said the recommended age was 12 years old.