New set of feature's name? (read)

BLG Unite
7 (77.8%)
BLG Link
1 (11.1%)
Other (post)
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: BLG (Unite) Development  (Read 41472 times)

Blockland Glass 2

What is this?
Blockland Glass is an Add-on that adds various features to Blockland, enhancing it behind the scenes.

What is BLG2 all about?
In BLG2, we're primarily focusing on server control. With our remote control abilities, we're doing more than just providing basic access - Other add-ons can hook into the control panel, you can use a control panel similar to RTB's, and even a bit more.

Features

Remote Updater
Remotely update RTB add-ons, RTB itself, BLG, and any other add-on via the click of your mouse. When BLG detects an available update, it notifies you. You can update all the add-ons on your server from the tap of a button

Overlay [Finished]
We all know about the RTB overlay, but wouldn't that be great if we could have our own for our purposes? This system will allow for any client add-on to add their GUI to a overlay system, defining wether there can be one or multiple instances, and allowing for registration of shortcuts to open them.

Notifications [Finished]
Once again expanding RTB's features, this allows servers and client mods to inject notifications. Not only can they simply make notifications, but have more control over them.
We didn't steal this from blota, we've had it in our plans for awhile

A note
Dealing with the control of your server is nothing to be taken lightly. We've spent countless hours working out encryption and authentication algorithms that completely disables us from tampering with any control of your server.

The Team

Jincux/Scout31 - Web API, add-on scripting, protocol
Nullable/DC4F - Server wrapper
Greek2Me - Add-on scripting

We need an artist, if you haven't noticed.

Alpha Testers
  • ottosparks
  • Max4434
  • Munk
  • Danny Boy
  • Racerboy
  • TheBlackParrot
  • Uxie

Developers
Our documentation is found here.
Github
Jenkins
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:07:34 PM by Scout31 »

first three listed features seem kind of useful

I thought Blockland Glass was that really nice UI edit.....
but this seems fairly useful. I'll probably get it when it's done.

Hopefully this won't die out, would be useful to have.

Progress so far:

The server wrapper is made, but very lightly tested. I haven't made the client to interact with it yet, but it's next on the to-do list.
On the actual add-on, I've been doing the very boring but important framework and support stuff.
For the website, it's a domain-less page that says "Blockland Glass"

Also, if anyone here is good at making logos, it'd be much appreciated if you made one for this, as I can't do stuff with art. and get you into beta.

EDIT 2: Website password browser-sided encryption now done. Pretty sure the site is forum-allowed.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:57:50 PM by Scout31 »

I'm really looking forward to this.

Cna izz vbe inurz betya dfafdAgaerba
Ima shwoping gwreayt beetooo toaster.
I proomees1!11!!oe!1eleven1!53:

Sounds really great. Good luck.

Updated OP with the logo, thanks to Moby1997.

Progress Updayte:
  • Authentication system off to a good start.
  • Wrapper being remade, due to efficiency and connection issues.
  • Website style is almost ready
  • Secure logins done (meaning you raw password is never even sent through the internet)
  • Infrastructure of the actual add-on is complete, meaning I can start adding content.

I look forward 2 seeing dis

Quote from: website
Well, what were you expecting of a WIP website?
everything.

Server Rating
Rate servers for other players to see! While in the server list, sort servers by rating!
Please, please leave out the Server Rating feature.
It just enables alot of noobs to disqualify one servers existence just because you kicked them.
And there are alot of noobs.

Scenario:
Noob joins a server and sees its Freebuild.
Noob says: Oh tis buring cuz I hav to build.
Noob leaves a bad rating.
Repeat this several times = bad server rating.