Author Topic: Bluescreens once Again, help?  (Read 1095 times)

Okay. So. I'm working on a new track. Every single time I go to do something with my computer, between downloading a file or opening a waveform to edit it (y'know. sampling stuff.) or even out of nowhere, I'm getting these loving bluescreens. And they're starting to piss me off. I already tried a system restore, multiple times. Nothing is changing. Could it be due to my hardware just, getting old and turning to stuff?
How can I post the dump file that Windows creates upon BSOD? What should I do to fix this? How can I update all of my drivers? Help meeeeee.

get a new goddamn computer
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:57:45 AM by ghost_man »

I'm quite confident that if computers could fight, my computer would curb stomp yours into the 1980s.

Also, something notable that maybe someone could help me with:
My computer has always refused to run browser games/browser.. anything, that requires java. for example, runescape, minecraft, etc. I can run Minecraft in an .exe but not in a browser, it crashes my browser. How can I fix this?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:00:02 AM by JD »

graphics driver
graphics card
upgrade stuff
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:01:31 AM by ghost_man »

I'm quite confident that if computers could fight, my computer would curb stomp yours into the 1980s.

im confident yours would instead go and get some piercings, then pusillanimous individual off somewhere and continue to boast about how great it is

computers do take after their owners you know

and mine wud falcon pwnch u in2 th yeer 1750
Right but the difference is mine has a 1TB HDD, 4GB GPU, 730 watt PSU, 3.4GHz quad core AMD processor, and 16GB of RAM.

Right but the difference is mine has a 1TB HDD, 4GB GPU, 730 watt PSU, 3.4GHz quad core AMD processor, and 16GB of RAM.
I ninja'd.

I saw. I'd appreciate some real (as in, 'useful,') advice though guys.

Check your RAM.

normally random bluescreens are from an error in a RAM stick.

also make sure your PSU is properly connected to everything and has enough power for all of the stuff

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810093

4GB GPU?
What is it? HD6990?
Only 4GB GPU made so far.
Unless you're counting shared memory.

Also, GPU VRAM is nothing in terms of performance compared to the core.

Anyway, on topic, google how to find the BSOD dumps and then post the error codes here or google them too.
B is not your personal army. :P

4GB GPU?
What is it? HD6990?
Only 4GB GPU made so far.
Unless you're counting shared memory.

Also, GPU VRAM is nothing in terms of performance compared to the core.

Anyway, on topic, google how to find the BSOD dumps and then post the error codes here or google them too.
B is not your personal army. :P
I honestly forget, but Idfk it said it had 4GB of video RAM so Idk, lol. Anyways, yeah, I have, and last time I tried (two weeks ago) I had no loving clue how to post that stuff hahahaha
Also, I know this (about the RAM, and how sticks can cause errors,) what should I check for?

I'll see if i can find the bootprogram my dad uses to check for RAM errors in CT Scanner machines at hospitals.

it works on any computer, not just doctor supercomputers

http://www.hcidesign.com/memtest/ <--- use this in the meantime, not sure if it works though

Haha yeah I've seen one of them before, they're pretty cool. I mean, then again, most of the time anyone sees one it's kind of a stressful situation, I'd assume.. since it's a serious machine, for serious things. But, personal issues aside they're interesting. The last one I saw ran on a modified version of WinXP. and, thanks (:

yeah, i believe some run a modified version of XP for the proccesses, but most toshiba ones use a really neat operating system they made that converses between two monitors.

Dump file should be at C:\Windows\Minidump. If you post it I'll take a look at it.