Author Topic: Why do parents insist on censorship?  (Read 853 times)

I don't understand, parents insist on censoring their kids, believing things like violent video games and inappropriate words will influence a childs life in every way possible. Our society is different in every way to the 60s-90s.

The meaning of the lyrics are controversial in Soulja Boy Tell Em's song Crank That, people tend to think the song is about love. I recently got in an argument about the meaning of "Superman that hoe" with an adult on TF2, I said it was a dance move, they said they checked urban dictionary and said it meant to interject on someones back when they're sleeping so the sheets stuck and made it look like a cape.
     Urban Dictionary is not a good source for slang terms anyway, basic words are often given crazy definitions. Anyway I checked the term on urban dictionary and the date when the entry was submitted was about 6 months after the release of the song.

Nowadays these artists are "appropriate," but back when they were kids these people were censored.

Elvis Presley was too loveual in his dance.
The Rolling Stones were too provocative and degraded women.
Bob Dylan was banned because people couldn't understand the lyrics.
The Beatles referenced drug use.
Van Morrison sang about premarital love.
Loretta Lynn sang about birth control.
James Brown and Rod Stewart, both too loveual.

Discuss parents thinking that they are "protecting" their children when they are pretty much sheltering them from the real world.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:37:17 PM by Slugger »

If a kid is "protected" from stuff, once he's out of the house he's gonna have to learn the hard way that not everyone and everything is nice.

HUR I BUY U TOY GUNZ BUT NO EIGHTENZ HURURUR.

Because your parents were raised in a time when people were more old-fashioned. It's natural for that to carry on into their adult years. By the time your generation is their age, censorship will be much more lax.

interject on someones back so the sheets stick and made it look like a cape.

Sig'd

Instead of talking to their kids about offensive material and helping them understand, they'd rather have it be gone from existence

When it comes to video games like MW3 etc, I have noticed it does have an effect.
I'm pretty much the only boy in my year who isn't allowed to play COD, and everyone I speak to is really ignorant and mean.

More than half of all songs are about love.

To superman a hoe is literally to interject on someone's back to make the sheets stick like a cape.  It's not just a dance move, dude.

That's why the censored radio version is "Superman dat OHH" not "Superman dat HOEEE".  There's even a move where you break a girls nose and jizz on the bloody nose to make some pink mix.  Someone from Blockland told me about this, I can't remember who though.

The meaning of the lyrics are controversial in Soulja Boy Tell Em's song Crank That,

its about that one time he was playing mouse trap

To superman a hoe is literally to interject on someone's back to make the sheets stick like a cape.  It's not just a dance move, dude.

That's why the censored radio version is "Superman dat OHH" not "Superman dat HOEEE".  There's even a move where you break a girls nose and jizz on the bloody nose to make some pink mix.  Someone from Blockland told me about this, I can't remember who though.

What.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:52:17 PM by Skorpion »

Mums have to draw the line somewhere, especially when there are younger children in the house.  My house, my rules, love from skorpion's Mother.  P.S.  Never go to bed without logging out.

snake forget jizz

This is where the thread goes downhill