Author Topic: Now i can make my own music!!!  (Read 1662 times)

Thanks for all your reccomendations/help guys, i reward you all with cookies :D
 :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:36:02 PM by Aerodynamic »

sorry, its my first day on the forums.
heres what i did:
1.Cut it to 26 seconds
2.Split it
3.Clicked "Mono" on them both
4.exported as ogg vorbis
5.put it into my blockland music folder

You need to make it so there's only one mono track. Delete the "left" or "right" mono track, it shouldn't matter which one you choose. Good luck making loops.

Edit: Literally straight after posting that I realised audacity must mix down the 2 audio files anyway. Oops. The above technique is still good practise though.

I think the problem might lay upon naming. Do you have any spaces in your OGG file name? Replace them with underscores.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:23:08 PM by Thousandth Beam »

1. did you put it in the music folder in your addons?
2. if not i cant help you seeing as everyone else has said what you need

Make_sure_your_file_is_named_ like_this,
and not like this.

You need to make it so there's only one mono track. Delete the "left" or "right" mono track, it shouldn't matter which one you choose. Good luck making loops.

Edit: Literally straight after posting that I realised audacity must mix down the 2 audio files anyway. Oops. The above technique is still good practise though.

I think the problem might lay upon naming. Do you have any spaces in your OGG file name? Replace them with underscores.
i did everything, and no theres no spaces

sorry, its my first day on the forums.
heres what i did:
1.Cut it to 26 seconds
2.Split it
3.Clicked "Mono" on them both
4.exported as ogg vorbis
5.put it into my blockland music folder

Yeah it's all about naming.

NEVER USE SPACES

Wrong: Mr Douchebag Short
Right: Mr_Douchebag_Short
Although I think _ can screw it up.
Hope I helped :)

also a tip, always remember to lower the audio of the sound clip or it'll be loud and blurry in game :(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 02:42:24 PM by FadedGlory »

no, it didnt help, thanks tho

Are you sure that you put it in the Youruser/Documents/Blockland/addons/music or just in C:/Blockland/addons/music?

Are you sure that you put it in the Youruser/Documents/Blockland/addons/music or just in C:/Blockland/addons/music?
uh, ill try that, thx