Author Topic: Multiple People on an Account  (Read 1558 times)

Hey all, I'm just wondering if it's allowed. I want to have my cousin and my bro use my account but do they have to buy this game to be able to participate?

I feel like Badspot wouldn't have a problem. It isn't like sharing a key and as long as they break no rules it shouldn't affect anything.

Generally it's frowned up, and make sure your friends arent posting stuff breaking the rules.
Otherwise im not entirely sure

Cousin - 16
Brother - 22
neither trolls

You know, I purchased two separate keys for separate houses.
I think it's okay, but it's borderline.

Within a household, I don't think its bad.

Well, my bro lives with me. My cousin lives 30 miles away.

Hmm
I guess I really shouldn't be passing judgment, as I don't know for sure at all.
I just know what's safe.

You probably should keep it in the same household, as using it with different external IPs cause authentication errors.

For online play:
Same IP = okay
Not same IP = big problem

For forum:
Pretty sure he wants everyone to have their own account.

Badspot check IPs for constant switching. I've used my Blockland key in Turkey once while on a cruise there and it's still enabled. That's because it's not switchin back and forth between Turkey and Florida every day. He can see the location of where the ISP is, and if its obviously being shared between two unrelated individuals, then it's probably safe to deactivate.

Badspot check IPs for constant switching. I've used my Blockland key in Turkey once while on a cruise there and it's still enabled. That's because it's not switchin back and forth between Turkey and Florida every day. He can see the location of where the ISP is, and if its obviously being shared between two unrelated individuals, then it's probably safe to deactivate.
He also looks at the time between changes.

If it takes it 5 minutes to change from US to Japan and then another 10 minutes later it's been switched back to US, then there's a problem.

He also looks at the time between changes.

If it takes it 5 minutes to change from US to Japan and then another 10 minutes later it's been switched back to US, then there's a problem.
Unless, of course, you have learned how to go Mach 10.

so he will check 40000 different IP's every once in a while?

so he will check 40000 different IP's every once in a while?
He doesn't have to. Every time you sign into the game and every 15 minutes after that you authenticate to the Master Server, which records your IP address, time, and other information. It then cross-checks this information with any other instances of that BL_ID on different IP addresses and if there appears to be a discrepancy, it kicks both players. You'll sometimes see players being booted off servers for an error along the lines of "Failing to authenticate with the master server."

This also probably sends up a red flag for Badspot. He'll sign on to his system and get an overview of suspicious activity. If the keys have a history of being in two places at once, he'll deactivate the key for being shared.