Author Topic: Permissions - 1.4 out now, with S+S support  (Read 18276 times)

Added a "shim?" Could you explain? It sounds useful.
A shim (in this case) is a file you can copy-paste to your add-on's folder/zip which emulates Permissions if it's not installed. Instead of being user-configurable it just falls back to the registered default values. It's not extremely well-tested at the moment, but I have verified that the version included supports the basics.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:03:03 AM by DontCare4Free »

Since there seem to have been no major issues with the beta it is now pushed to prod (along with a minor bugfix). Complete changelog since 1.2.3:

• Added a shim that can be used for making add-ons "soft-depend" on Permissions. It makes your add-on use Permissions if it's installed, otherwise it's hard-coded based on your permission's %defaultAdminLevel. Simply copy-paste and exec shim/Shim_Server_Permissions.cs.
  • Team chat now requires blockland.talk
  • Planting ghost bricks now requires blockland.build
  • Fixed a glitch related to role inheritance in the GUI
  • Join permission denied announcement is now using announce() instead of talk()

It's up on the auto-updater already and it's in the queue for RTB.

I'd also like to take this moment to ask both developers and server admins for feedback, so if there is anything you want me to add or any bugs you want me to fix, tell me.

Oh, and I'd like to know if there's anyone else than Wedge (and me, of course) who is actually using this in their server/mods. :cookieMonster:

Thank you.

Where's the client component? I can only find the server part.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:48:02 PM by Kalphiter »

What?

Why is it Server_Permissions if it's a client/server add-on?

What?

Why is it Server_Permissions if it's a client/server add-on?
Because it was originally a purely server-sided add-on and changing it now would be more trouble than it's worth. Besides, the main component is the server part, the client part is just support while administrating it.

Besides, the main component is the server part, the client part is just support while administrating it.
But then it's "script" :(

But then it's "script" :(
The naming scheme I usually use is Script_ for extremely small server mods that don't fit any other category and Server_ for slightly larger server mods that don't fit any category. Not sure about where things like this generally belong though. If I were to name it today then it'd probably be System_.

That's too bad, it's just a little misleading.

That's too bad, it's just a little misleading.
I know. But as I said, changing it now would be more problematic than it'd be worth.

Where is the list of commands?

Where is the list of commands?
Currently there's only /listRoles. However, since the current GUI is starting to get a bit cramped I plan on making a TUI for all actions. If anyone who is good at making GUIs would like to contribute a better one, tell me.

Currently there's only /listRoles. However, since the current GUI is starting to get a bit cramped I plan on making a TUI for all actions. If anyone who is good at making GUIs would like to contribute a better one, tell me.

Yeah, this needs a better interface, I feel like it could look so much nicer.

does this stop users from svaing? If so I love you.

Can you stick a list online?