Author Topic: Renderman  (Read 19659 times)

>>The follow is a horror story about a Blockland experience of mine. Some content is deemed scary by some users. Reader discretion is advised.<<

Back when I used to play Blockland days on end, I would always play zombies or build
elaborate castles with dungeons and armories. Man, those were the days. I remember trying
several hundred times to host a server. Oh, the minds of a 13 year-olds are pools of infinate
knowledge. Many years later, I came back to Blockland in hopes of rekindling old memories.
I saw that many of my old friends had default saves built right into the game! Jetpuff's Towers,
Sampapa's fort, Mr. Block's slides and even Vertical Horizon had one. I watched as the Master Server
flooded my screen with new servers left and right. Many were role playing servers and others were
miscellaneous freebuilds. One caught my eye though.
   Pvt. simon's renderman hunt...
I thought to myself, Renderman? What's that? A new gamemode? Some sort of bot? Curious, I joined the
server. And low and behold, being stupid as I could be, forgot to look at the player count and realized
I'd joined an empty dedicated server. Go figure. I was about to hit escape when all of a sudden I heard
building. You know that old glitch, where you can hear players while you're loading. Yeah, well that was
what was happening to me. I won't lie it kinda freaked me out but you know, stuff like this is expected.
I spawned on the server, a new type of slate or something. Expecting to see a bunch of random red blocks
strewn throughout the server with items and vehicles, it was clean, except for a few builds here and there.
People making small bases and what not. The usual stuff.
   Then there was the sign.

Now, with the implication of events, signs are rarely used (or atleast from what I remember). It said,
"GO NOW". The letters weren't all the same color and weren't all in line but whatever. This game is
mostly 10 year olds, y'know? Maybe this sign had to do with the Renderman thing. I mean, that it the
server name and all. I love horror stuff. This could be a cool thing to find! So I was just jetting around,
alone, inspecting builds, minding my own business, when I see VH's Festung der Schwarzung build. I figured
that maybe the admin was lazy in the beginning and had just loaded it for kicks. Gosh, how I loved this
build. I remember being on the server when he made it! Nostalgia rushed over me, enveloping my heart and
carefree attitude. Man, oh man. The map had this dark setting or something so I could see the room with the
golden treasures. I crawled right in and looked around. Same as it used to be, default yellow, with Glow FX
and everything.
   But there was this brick out of place.

VH can be an odd fellow sometimes but I'm almost completely sure this red round stud wasn't here. I
looked at it for probably about half a second before clicking it. It played that orchhith sound, like
the ones you hear constantly in the tutorial, but backward. At first it was startling. It sounded like
something was gunna come get me. I clicked it over and over and over again, just for fun. Then the block
broke. Destroyed right in front of me. The only time that happens is if someone ctrl-z's their block,
but like I said, nobody was on. I even double checked the player list. Khorde, BL_ID 1463, score 0.
stuff started lighting up left and right. onActivate <nameblock> "light" maybe? Bricks don't just fall
apart automatically and make the build light up like the 4th of July. No no, there was something else.
   I took a few pictures of the server.

I ascended the oddly built tower in hopes of finding more event blocks. I was feeling creeped out.
Geniunely scared almost. How can I be afraid of a sandbox building game, I mean really. Since I'm kinda
new to this whole update thing, I didn't realize how those dark trapdoor things did and it really got
me to a whole new level of scared. I walked into one of those dark hallways to find myself still on the same
build, but not anywhere near where I was before. I kept walking, nothing but VH's build and I. It's that
feeling you get late at night, lights are off, when you know you should be in bed that gives you those
sick-ass goose bumps or whatever. Anyway, climbing up the steps was a stupid idea. Some jackwagon made them
fake-kill bricks that emitted sounds, those stupid synth ones.
   There was a couple parts where I didn't feel alone.

I knew there was someone else. There had to be. This guy's laughing at my attempts to climb the stairs
without my jets. What kind of fool am I? Gosh. I typed in the chat: Hello there :). Just like rky's Bakora
bot guy, there was an instant kinda message that said: h e l  l o K hor  de. My screen froze in place. The chat
flooded with that same message over and over again. My mouse froze up, my keyboard became unresponsive. I
couldn't Self Delete, I couldn't look around, I could only chat. I replied: wtf how come I can't move???
   That's when My game froze.

I saved this picture, but I'm pretty sure that's the guy. Renderman, huh? Is this what everyone is talking
about? He comes to your server and makes a mess of things, constructively. He's a virus. He's a problem, really.
I've tried installing Blockland again, over and over, but it just doesn't seem to work anymore. I posted a
topic in the help section with my console and nobody replied. Is there a way to fix this? Or will my screen always
look like this?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:32:34 PM by Khorde »

nice Leatherface decal.

nice Leatherface decal.

I made that myself thank you very much :\

I really liked your creepypasta story. It makes me paranoid of loading that save now ._.

That face scared me :c

Wha

Your game doesn't work?

Holy stuff i didnt know badspot implemented the script that much to stuff you. I will never host in that map eveeeer again.

I really liked your creepypasta story.
However it lacks much creepy until you see the second to last picture.

Makes me want to do an amnesia themed build (again), but i'll never get around to it. Oh well.

It played that orchhith sound, likethe ones you hear constantly in the tutorial, but backward.

ok. remind me to stop reading creepypastas before bed.
but 7/10 would read again.

ok. remind me to stop reading creepypastas before bed.
but 7/10 would read again.

TL;DR

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:57:58 PM by Badspot »

That's ok I didn't want to sleep tonight.
nice creepy pasta.