Author Topic: Dad wants to delete Blockland because he thinks its a virus  (Read 3458 times)

I've been playing it for years but he is adamant on deleting it.
What do?

Tell him he's a loving moron.

I've been playing it for years but he is adamant on deleting it.
What do?
Blockland is not a virus, your dad is a coal miner, Badspot is a professional, etc.

IT'S CALLED BLOCKLAND BECAUSE IT BLOCKS MY COMPUTER FROM GOING FAST WHILE I DOWNLOAD research

I've seen a topic about this a while ago, tell him that Blockland is not a virus, it is a game played by thousands of people. Also tell him that addons are .zip files, meaning that if they do have a virus, it would be trapped in the file. So Blockland being a virus is a laughable accusation.

Did this too, but then he pulled the "do I look stupid to you? I know all about computers" rant.

Would your dad feel better if he could video chat with a professional software developer, and also a beta tester of the game?

Quote from: Badspot
I don't know how to say this without being rude, so I'm just going to be rude.  Your dad shovels coal for a living and I am a goddamn professional computer programmer.  I know more about this subject than your dad.  Port forwarding, if done correctly, is completely safe. 

except replace port forwarding with having blockland.

Tell him to run a virus scan to prove that it isn't a virus, then we'll see how much he knows about computers.
Made that arguement already, I run scans daily and he knows it, and he says "even programs that seem safe can still be a virus." T_T

My backup plan is to save mostly everything to a flash drive....

Blockland is a marketed product used by over thirty thousand people over the course of half a decade. It is the major source of income income of Eric Hartman, who is an established software developer, and former employee of Garage Games.

Eric's information is public: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/blockland.us
Code: [Select]
Registrant Name:                             Eric Hartman
Registrant Address1:                         36 Edwards Road
Registrant City:                             Poquoson
Registrant State/Province:                   Virginia
Registrant Postal Code:                      23662-1008
Registrant Country:                          United States
Registrant Country Code:                     US
Registrant Phone Number:                     +1.5555551234

If Blockland was a virus instead of a children's game, not only would Badspot have been homeless years ago, he would be facing felonies and lawsuits from the people who have purchased the game. All 30,000 of them.

Blockland is a marketed product used by over thirty thousand people over the course of half a decade. It is the major source of income income of Eric Hartman, who is an established software developer, and former employee of Garage Games.

Eric's information is public: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/blockland.us
Code: [Select]
Registrant Name:                             Eric Hartman
Registrant Address1:                         36 Edwards Road
Registrant City:                             Poquoson
Registrant State/Province:                   Virginia
Registrant Postal Code:                      23662-1008
Registrant Country:                          United States
Registrant Country Code:                     US
Registrant Phone Number:                     +1.5555551234

If Blockland was a virus instead of a children's game, not only would Badspot have been homeless years ago, he would be facing felonies and lawsuits from the people who have purchased the game. All 30,000 of them.
This arguement may work

http://www.blockland.us/Download.html

It says it's virus and spyware free. Show him that.

Your father is a moran.
Use what Iban said, it'll probably work.
If not, go do the "You are a coal miner, I am a professional" deal.