Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 434557 times)

I wouldn't had minded if they removed terrains and interiors without a reason anyways. This upcoming update is like a bonus.

Here is the original picture used in the fanart.

Oh, and I felt like adding Derpy in the picture.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:07:12 PM by dargereldren »

Massively looking forward to this. Great work komp & co

That's a good point. What if there was a set of smooth terrain bricks?
I would love this, but I'd still miss interiors and terrain.

One big brick for a terrain however, would allow us to have smaller file size for maps but still have stuff as a homage to slopes and bedroom.

Also I don't know if you guys are planning on doing this but maybe the tutorial could be one of these huge "terrain" bricks that was indestructable until you finished the tutorial?  Just a thought.  I just hope that a version of terrains, even of they're made of bricks can be in the game. ski slopes made out of the ramps and bricks we have now suck.

What is skiing going to be like in V21?
Better brick physics, plus did you look at Wedge's modular terrain brick topic?

Question: will undulo bricks cast moving shadows?

Soooo what I'm picking up here is that we're getting fancy shadows from the sun .. but that's it?

Hopefully they're working on shadows from other light sources ..

Yeah but still, at least we are getting something.

Yeah but still, at least we are getting something.
I agree but what happens if you have a map for destruct but you want lighting and the shadows for a picture or even realism?

I suggested that maybe - since shadows are client sided - on dark maps where no shadows are produces, the Player Light (the actual Player Light, not the brick light, so to speak) can cast shadows. But sooner or later every light will probably cast a shadow.

Jesus, i think you just asked the best question in pages!

Who here made a R.I.P. Maps File and put all of their terrain maps into it?

Yes, kompressor said it earlier.

Will water be any different with shadows?