Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425193 times)

Slate Map ≠ Fun Map
There can be some cool things in a slate map.
You can't have smooth sloping terrain & shapes that aren't limited to the restraints of the current building system.

You can't have smooth sloping terrain
Since when did we EVER have smooth sloping?

& shapes that aren't limited to the restraints of the current building system.
Static shapes.

You can't have smooth sloping terrain & shapes that aren't limited to the restraints of the current building system.
Yes. Terrain should remain!
lolprotest

Brian Smithers: will you make us a terrain generator
Brian Smithers: that will rapidly generate terrain
Brian Smithers: so we dont have to build it
Brian Smithers: and make it so no one can remove it
Brian Smithers: but everyone can build on it
Brian Smithers: will you do that for us nit :(
Nitramtj: yes
Don't be so stupid. If it comes to it, I'd make a mod that loads the bedroom build everytime you start the map. Bedroom Map right there.
If someone makes a Kitchen map, that is solved too. Don't be so jumpy. :S

How many bricks are in bedroom save?

-snip-
Yeah you know what, forget the brick pack then.

People are too ignorant. I'll make a private one and only give it to people who would appreciate it. Like Bushido.

Don't be so stupid. If it comes to it, I'd make a mod that loads the bedroom build everytime you start the map. Bedroom Map right there.
If someone makes a Kitchen map, that is solved too. Don't be so jumpy. :S
Wouldn't fix problems as the actual maps aren't aligned that perfectly to brick grid and builds that are based off interior shapes will not load correctly

The problem is that we wouldn't be able to have the nice flowy hills that you get with a map without having thousands of bricks. And if you did the normal blocky style of brick terrain it would end up like DaSord's (loving epic) picture

People are too ignorant. I'll make a private one and only give it to people who would appreciate it. Like Bushido.
What? I haven't read the topic, this was just my first thought on reading the OP or whatever other post kompressor made.

... I would appreciate it.

What? I haven't read the topic, this was just my first thought on reading the OP whatever other post kompressor made.
Except there were people who ARE reading the topic and are just ignoring the fact that I'm doing this stuff for them.

And then ALSO ignoring the fact that kompressor already said he's going to work on improving the collision.

1. Except there were people who ARE reading the topic and are just ignoring the fact that I'm doing this stuff for them.

2. And then ALSO ignoring the fact that kompressor already said he's going to work on improving the collision.
1. ???????
2. Obviously I didn't read that. Seriously, it was just basically a reaction image to the OP an one other post. The new shading sounds great but I can still form an opinion on what I HAVE read. What did you say about some brick pack thing, I would like to know.

No need to be hostile about it, really.

edit: the only reason I posted what I did is because what I've seen IS out of context with what's going on, so again, if you could simply post a quote on whatever you were saying I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:41:09 PM by DaSord213 »