Author Topic: Blockland Classic?  (Read 1168 times)

Hey everyone! So I just read about the upcoming update, and I am not amused. The new update will add in shaders and shadows (dynamic lighting), but the thing that bothers me is that it will break some add-ons and all maps exept slate. They are going to remove player made map support all together, no bedroom, no kitchen, none of that. It will all be gone, blockland will no longer support .dts .dif or .map!!! :@ I am ticked off! as a map maker who has like 10 maps on the go, I am actually quite upset. So i was thinking, why not have an option on the main screen of blockland for blockland and blockland classic. Of course, blockland classic would be what it is now, and the blockland option would be the newer updated version. I really hope that badspot and kompressor consider this idea because I don't want to see maps and terrains go.  :'(

You're wrong about the no support for .dts part, weapons, vehicles and even the player itself is a DTS, only .dif's since i don't think you can actually use a .map in Blockland

There will be no option to 'toggle a terrain setting' because that is a really bad idea. You would have to have mountains of code to be able to support something like that...

It would make it extremely difficult for everyone. Why would the devs make it harder on themselves when they're removing these things to make development easier?

And these things are not being removed just for shaders and shadows. They're being removed because they're a pain in the ass to deal with and it'll make future updates easier. Please read entire posts.

well maybe you should post this on Development.

well maybe you should post this on Development.

Suggestions and Requests, actually.
Normal members can't start topics in Development.

Suggestions and Requests, actually.
Normal members can't start topics in Development.
I think he's referring to the update topic

We cannot afford to maintain two versions of Blockland. Sorry.