Author Topic: [Open Discussion] Mapping in v21 with Modular Set Pieces  (Read 13777 times)

If you could explain to me how to make a non-cuboid brick work with a cubic brick maker, talk to me.

If you could explain to me how to make a non-cuboid brick work with a cubic brick maker, talk to me.
Oh, so that's what wasn't making sense.

I thought you all knew that by brick maker, I meant making bricks.
A brick is by definition a cuboid or rectangular block.

The whole point of it is to make creating bricks easier.
Manually, creating bricks is tedious and usually take a few minutes per brick to create.
With this program, you can make a brick in 5 seconds if you know the dimensions you want.

I could not see making entire cities out of those modular building pieces, but I could easily see putting them in the background to make the city look even more vast and expansive then what you can see.

These have tons of uses!  Please someone make these :)

Manually, creating bricks is tedious and usually take a few minutes per brick to create.
With this program, you can make a brick in 5 seconds if you know the dimensions you want.
Holy stuff, thank you.
Yes, I know that I'm lazy, I'll take time out to do it the manual way.

Okay now either I'm missing something or your missing something or the whole world has gone crazy. Making a cuboid brick takes 5 seconds. Here let me show you, I'll make a brick 6 studs wide, 4 studs long and 5 studs tall.

6 4 15
BRICK

Save as BLB in any text editor and done. Or to create several just copy a single BLB file, paste, open and edit content, rename the file, and repeat.

You forgot several steps there.

That includes, but not limited to:
  • the server.cs
  • packaging in a zip

You forgot several steps there.

That includes, but not limited to:
  • the server.cs
  • packaging in a zip

Stop trying to defend your silly 30-seconds-to-write script and realize that it isn't needed, as anyone can perform the same thing in roughly the same time period with no difficulty.

Stop trying to defend your silly 30-seconds-to-write script and realize that it isn't needed, as anyone can perform the same thing in roughly the same time period with no difficulty.
making just a regular brick?

i could understand that but hell making slopes are a stuffton harder :Y

Quick blockland-like render showing the front version of a building block. I also have one that has the windows on two opposite sides, and one with two adjacent window sides to provide flexibility.

You write seventeen-hundered and fourty-nine lines of code in 30 seconds and create an entire brickpack in 10 seconds without my program and THEN get back to me.

-snip-
That looks friggin sweet.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:08:58 AM by Ipquarx »

You write seventeen-hundered and fourty-nine lines of code in 30 seconds and create an entire brickpack in 10 seconds without my program and THEN get back to me.
honestly though whether this is faster or not it still doesn't have much of a use as stated before since making simple bricks isn't really that hard

it does have a use, just not a major one.

when it can make other types of bricks, however

in fact it would be cool to have just a full-featured brick shape editor, in the form of an editor interface instead of just numbers.

if you can do that, of course.

i might be able to do that myself as soon as I understand the blb format better.

zack0 has something similar to what you described but it just shows you the model as you edit the text, no real interface.